* Closed headphones for my girlfriend
Feb 20, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #16 of 31
So am I getting the correct impression that your gift is about the look more so than the sound?
confused.gif
I almost can't believe it, but I'm not expert on girls. Heh heh...

Anyway why not look at the music she listens to, and find a headphone that is suitable or has a reputation for going well with the main genres? What does she listen to most?

-rob

Feb 20, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukealexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find me a purple headphone (her colour) and I will be a grateful man.

Purple, you say? Here you are.

Feb 20, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 31
I died on the inside from this thread...

I'd give one of the v-moda vibes, although they are not purple they still look very good/colorful and sound great.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Okay so I am wanting to get my girl some headphones so she can understand what good sound actually is.......

.....In her words: "they need 2 be pink and glittery, nothing else will do"

get some cans with very decent sound for the price range you are looking at, and then buy her some pink rhinestones, fake fuzzy pink fur, and adhesive so she can mod it herself! DIY man, DIY.

and then take pictures of it for us to LOL @
hahahahahaha.
PLEASE??!

the gaudier the better!

Feb 20, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Purple, you say? Here you are.

If you *must* go purple, I'd second that.

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #24 of 31
If I buy her anymore lingerie, she will think I am weird. She is currently awaiting 4 sets in the post haha.

I am not sure about in-ear phones, I had considered some but I think full size may be better. I will surely update you on the progress

Feb 21, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #25 of 31
third vote for the Beyers, if that bluish purple is purple enough for her. You're not liable to get anything else that's both purple and sounds good.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #26 of 31
Faced with your set of requirements I would probably buy an ATH-FC7 in red and a TBAAM to drive it.

The ATH-FC7 is neither awesome-looking nor awesome-sounding, but it's decent at both. Sound quality is improved by driving it with a slightly stronger source than an ordinary laptop audiojack provides, and the TBAAM is a very affordable way to bump up a laptop's driving power and fidelity.

If color were less of an issue, I would probably choose the lightweight white Sennheiser PX200W, which has a more-balanced, less bassy sound than the FC7, and is more comfortable for extended wear. Still driven by a TBAAM instead of the laptop's built-in sound.

Feb 22, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you *must* go purple, I'd second that.

Fourth vote for Beyer (if purple ones). I have DT231 (not galactic) and they sound good and are also good as portable cans.

But if some pink ones what about these:
http://www.skullcandy.com/product_in...rushers&id=499

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #28 of 31
I have decided to give her my V-Moda Vobes. They are suitably stylish and comfortable and are better for her needs than mine (I need isolation). After looking at all the colour headphones I came to the conclusion they were a bit gimmicky. Add to that I don't think full size headphones are ideal for her (listening in bed etc).

Mar 12, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #29 of 31
They are not pink and glittery but PX200s in white should fit the bill quite nicely, especially if she doesn't want anything in-ear.

Otherwise get her the Marshmallows. John Lewis in the City centre (on the 3rd floor) have them for £14.99, Curry's have them but they have put the price up to £19.99. Not sure if they come in purple though, but theres a good chance they do.

Simon

Mar 12, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

I have decided to give her my V-Moda Vobes. They are suitably stylish and comfortable and are better for her needs than mine (I need isolation). After looking at all the colour headphones I came to the conclusion they were a bit gimmicky. Add to that I don't think full size headphones are ideal for her (listening in bed etc).

Excellent decision my friend. I personally keep a spare Vibe for such a dire need =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back