Closed headphone shopping (~$300 max), are discounted Denon AH-D600 the way to go?
Sep 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NowKaylee

New Head-Fier
I am currently looking for a good closed headphone around the $300 ($350 MAX) range. I am considering the Denon AH-D600 because I can get them for $200 new through my employer. I am anxious because I don't seem them on any recommendation lists.

Are they bad pair of headphones? Or just bad for the price? 

The other set I have considered is the Mad Dogs, but I am open to other recommendations.

I am looking for a new pair because my pair of HD598 don't work well with my noisy PC. I have a good amp already, so I don't need to worry about that.

Thanks!

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello!

Would be useful if you can list down the genre of music you listen to and what's your amplifier model? Also, is there anything you like or dislike about the HD598 other than the leakage?

IF you wanted more bass from your HD598, the AH-D600 may be for you as the bass is REALLY strong. They slightly overpriced. Otherwise, you can look into the Sennheiser Momentum, PSB M4U1, or if your amplifier allow, I have heard good things about the Hifiman HE-400

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Most of my music is rock. Everything from classic to punk to progressive, but a focus on alt. rock. Some classical music as well. Bout 50/50 on male and female vocals.

I am a big fan of the Sennheiser sound, so no complaints there, besides their lack of isolation.

My amp is the Objective2.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 4
Most of my music is rock. Everything from classic to punk to progressive, but a focus on alt. rock. Some classical music as well. Bout 50/50 on male and female vocals.

I am a big fan of the Sennheiser sound, so no complaints there, besides their lack of isolation.

My amp is the Objective2.

I was about to recommend the Grado headphones but since you wanted isolation, maybe the Momentum? But it won't stack with the Momentum well... Other than Sennheiser, I like the Sony MDR-1R as well

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back