Closed headphone for rock shootout.
May 12, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 22
K81 DJ

edit: but i should say that i dont think aggressive sound helps rock music. when listening to electric guitar, like led zeppelin for example, i dont want to hear just the detailed metal electricity in the upper end, but also the full, rich body of the lower registers. so i like a balanced phone for pretty much everything. k81 is pretty balanced, and plenty of bass

May 12, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 22
If DT770 is (isnt DT770 THE bass headphone) all-bass-screw-others type, i dont think it would fit to rock.

May 12, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #7 of 22
you can mod any closed headphone to open too, just it tends to be slightly messier
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
L3000 is the best rock can I've heard, closed or open. In fact I think that's its strongest genre.

With a really good seal, I might be convinced that the w5000's not too far behind.

Mulveling,
I followed your posts when you sold the W5000 and at first I had the same problem as you with loose fit and slightly thin sound.
But the whole thing changed gradually: first I learnt that by pushing the top a bit forward the fit woud improve, then the pad gradually softened to the point where the fit is not a problem anymore.

My choice of headphones for rock (open or clossed):

1 - L3000
2 - W5000
3 - SA 5000
4 - RS1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back