Closed back headphones with a suspension headband for Twitch streaming/recording vocals?
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 18
Ended up ordering the Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X since there was also a $10 off coupon. I'm a leery of second hand market because the Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X(lack of suspension headband so it hurt my head) I ordered from ebay ended up not being returnable to the seller and I ended up having to contact Ebay's customer service who reassure me that I can still be issued a refund with buyer's' protection.

The AKG K371 is a no go because it has no suspension headband.
I think this is a smart go. I hope it works out for you.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 18
Okay, tried out that suspension strap hack with the 700 Pro X and it does improve the comfort, but wow I still really feel the clamping force.

I did some research and found out the following:
SteelSeries Arctis 7P: 1.1 lb clamping force
Philips Fidelio X2HR: 1.2 lb clamping force
Beyerdynamics DT 700 Pro X: 1.4 lb clamping force
Sony WH-1000XM5: 0.8 lb clamping force

So now I'm wondering if I don't need the suspension strap, but just need to look more at the clamping force? However, the Sony XM5 felt tight on the head with its headband like the Rting review mentioned so I guess looking at the clamping force doesn't tell the whole story for comfort. Something about the SteelSeries Arctis 7P's design just feels incredibly comfortable compared to everything else (with the X2HR coming in second). I am hoping the Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X will be comfortable like reviews mention since I can't find clamping force measurements for it.

Guess I'll return the strap I ordered from Amazon and hope that ebay will refund back the DT 700 Pro X.

Attachments

• PXL_20240212_004256652.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240212_004256652.MP.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back