Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #151 of 216
  ...having to rename every music file to number them...  I'd sooner toss the clip sport into a microwave...  well, it could be turned into a shuffle dap of doom, I guess.  Put all the music in the same folder, and shuffle play every time...

It's not really that difficult to do, with MP3Tag....but I agree, you shouldn't have to be forced to do that.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #152 of 216
I guess the question is, was the zip and clip+ like that?  I went straight to RB on both, so never used the original FW

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #153 of 216
  I guess the question is, was the zip and clip+ like that?  I went straight to RB on both, so never used the original FW

No, they were not like that. I never use the original firmware on my Zip either....not since the first RB builds were appearing in the wild.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #154 of 216
  I guess the question is, was the zip and clip+ like that?

Nope, they do fine with proper tag sorting.

EDIT: ...as Achmedisdead just stated.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #155 of 216
I might end up somewhat retiring all of my clips soon anyways, currently trying to figure out a new DAP to use somewhere around 200-300, maybe more if something's good enough to make me spend a little more.  I have to admit tho with the + and the zip, slap a Fiio E6 on them, and its a very portable little music machine, quite enjoyable for IEMs.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #156 of 216
  ...having to rename every music file to number them...  I'd sooner toss the clip sport into a microwave...  

I would love to see that lol.

Yes, I am looking for an upgrade to my clip zip as well. The cowon z2 looks nice but I really don't want to spend that much. I really just need something that runs android/can output to usb dac and can take a micro sd card, and is smaller than my surface pro :wink: (pocketable)

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #158 of 216
So how's the SQ of the Sport compared to the Clip Zip?
The only thing I care about the Sport is better build (last longer) and SQ. So if they fail at SQ compared to cheaper model then no way.
And with RB, I bet they'll port it to these DAP real soon. The Clip line has always been the most popular RBed device. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #159 of 216
  So how's the SQ of the Sport compared to the Clip Zip?
The only thing I care about the Sport is better build (last longer) and SQ. So if they fail at SQ compared to cheaper model then no way.
And with RB, I bet they'll port it to these DAP real soon. The Clip line has always been the most popular RBed device. 

According to some of the devs over at the Rockbox forums, it's hardware that hasn't had a port before, so it would probably take a while.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #162 of 216

The hardware is fairly difficult to work with, so I would not expect a port soon, if ever.  If you want to run rockbox, but a device that runs it.  

Well I'm very tempted for the Clip zip at the moment, guess I'll get it. My library is entirely ALAC, so OF is not possible.
But still curious for the SQ of the Sport though.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #163 of 216
I started out using the Clip Zip,
then bought a used Sony E465, because it had a larger screen.
Now I can not find both of them.
I was thinking of buying another used Sony E465, but maybe i would go for the Clip Sport?
If the Sport's screen was easy for my 49 year old eyes to see.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #164 of 216
As days go by, I'm hating this player more. Boy, wish I kept my Clip+.

Normally, I use this while jogging. It is clipped to my sweat pant pocket with the controls facing towards my legs, I cant believe even the contraction of my thigh muscles while jogging is enough for it to skip to the next track!

I listen to trance podcast which are sometimes 1-2 hours long and it is frustrating when this happens in the middle of a set.

The FF sucks. It FF like its almost playing. That slow!

The buttons are quite sensitive, instead of FF sometimes it skips to the next track.

They need to fix
1. The fonts (I mentioned earlier)
2. Remove the shuffle from the top of every view while browsing an album
3, ID tag is incomplete if track name is long
4. Power button needs to pressed 'at the right spot' for it power on

Too many simple flaws for a player at this stage of technology!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back