Clip Vs Fuze?
Feb 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #16 of 32
IMO the fuze has an amazing dac/amp inside of it as it powers some big cans nicely. So if you dont have a portable amp, get the fuze. If you do have one, get the clip and save space.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 32
i had the clip+ and just got the fuze. the fuze is the size and stuff i need. the clip was a super tiny, but since i have an amp anyways, i feel the fuze is perfect for me. its all personal preference.
dpye6s.jpg
[/IMG]

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nutsnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuze it is then, with custom line out. Should prevent the need to purchase an amp for a little longer.

Forgive the question...I am new to this and just do not understand: what has line out got to do with the need (or not) of an amp? The 'line out' is not where the earphones go? Or are you trying to send the output to a home stereo system or something?

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
line out on the fuze is where you plug in the cord to hook it up to the computer. it bypasses the internal amp. it sounds better than the headphone out. which is what youre talking about.

So, if only listening via earphones, without an amp, this would be inconsequential, correct?

If you wanted to use and AMP or plug the player into a computer or stereo, it would be useful, correct?

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #26 of 32
Clip+ is superior to the Fuze since it can do gapless without any alternative firmwares, but if you can get a v1 or the interface is very important, Fuze wins out. Also, I don't think the original Clip does gapless, but Wikipedia doesn't say.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #28 of 32
Rockbox for Fuze v2 is currently being developed, if thats the only thing stopping you from getting it. A stable release should be made available eventually, its been in development for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back