Clip Vs Fuze?
Feb 23, 2010 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

nutsnut

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys/Gals

I'm after a new MP3 player but don't have a great amount to spend. After reading a lot of thread on these forums a lot of people recommend the Sansa clip and the Sansa Fuze.

For The 8 gig version there is only £10 difference between the models, the Fuze obviously being the more expensive. From what I've read they perform the same SQ wise, so why would one get the Fuze?

Also does either the Clip or Fuze have a Line out? Either standard or DIY?

If its of any help, the player is to be used with a pair of Goldring NS1000 headphones and a DIY chu Moy.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 32
The difference is mainly graphics. The Clip doesn't have any while the Fuze does. SQ they sound the same. No line out on either, at least as a standard.

I have both and use the Fuze for the gym because it is a bit slimmer. I don't find I use the graphics much anyways.

Also, at least it is possible, that the Fuze will play videos. I've never tried it. Oh, still pics as well.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 32
I think the main difference with the two is the screen size as mentioned above. Also the fuze has a proprietary connector which allows for a line out if you can find someone to make it for you or if you can DIY.

I have the fuze and my roommate had the clip which I was able to use for a while. They are both good products. It's just what's more important to you.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 32
Thanks for your prompt replies, I was hoping the Fuze would have some sort of advantage to make the addtional £10 a must.

What is the headphone out like on both units? Is there much advantage in custom making a Line out for the fuze?

If not, i guess its the Clip that will be purchased.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 32
Some people have noted a big difference in SQ when used with a line out compared to headphone out.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/wa...ze-lod-440251/
There are some reviews there of people who used the lod compared to headphone out. I can't tell you from experience for mine is just headphone out but the sound from the headphone out is already pretty good. I would imagine lod would be better if you have the right equipment (headphones, amp, good quality files). I would go through that thread and read the reviews on them.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 32
Cheers toast, I'm a shuffle/repeat listener through all my songs, I dont select anything purposefully.

So far, everything is pointing towards the clip other than the DIY line out function on the Fuze.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 32
The fuze v1 has slightly more treble than the clip (version 1). Overall the fuze sounds better than the clip.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 32
I have the clip and I don't really like the navigation menu. The rockbox option on the V1 fuze is really a bonus
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 32
there is no way to tell. Most likely, the store only carry V2 since V1 were probably sold out 1 to 2 years ago. Try ebay and email the seller if he might be willing to open the box and check the firmware of the unit before selling it to you.

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #15 of 32
hm.. when we say the clip and the fuze are the same chip.. wouldn't that mean they both have the potential of having a "line out"? just needing a different cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back