Clip+ Sound Quality, really??
Apr 14, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #76 of 179
I am so enjoying my new clip+. IMO,it is THE ideal audiophile player...it is super portable,sound awsome!...and concertrate only on music. no videos,no tv-out,no special GUI features...nothing but a pure music enjoinment.

I must say that it sound great with my RS1, the difference between the clip and my main rig (marantz cd5001>headroom ultra micro stack) is not that big with the RS1. with my main rig the highs are more refined,smoother...but not by a big margin. the bass in the clip+ is deep and full,right on the spot...the sound is ruller flat across the whole spectrum.
a great achievement for this tiny player. my cowon D2 is gonna sleep in the drawer for a long time.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #77 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you guys use flacs or mp3 with the clip? the only thing that will get me use mp3 320 is battery life,but that means i have to start converting my flac library to mp3. will it be worth it?
how much will the battery benefit from this?

According to this test you'll get almost twice as much
ksc75smile.gif
(that's with the first Clip)
Battery Test vs Bitrate Results - Sansa Clip - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community
Battery Test vs Bitrate Results - Sansa Clip - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #78 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to this test you'll get almost twice as much
ksc75smile.gif
(that's with the first Clip)

thanks for the links...from my general knowledge also,I know that there must be a pretty significant difference between the battery consumption from flac to mp3. but the flac's sound so darn good!
bigsmile_face.gif

I am sticking with lossless in the meantime,so far i don't need more than 7-8 hours of battery anyway so... if i ever need i will seriously consider moving to mp3 320.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #80 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried MP3s with the Clip? Sound is still very crisp
regular_smile .gif
I can't tell the difference with flac honestly.

I am sure that 320 mp3 still sound very good,never even tried it. there is a change i won't hear a difference,but the psycological effect has too much influence on me
wink_face.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #81 of 179
I tried the Clip+ to replace my old measly 4gig Sony NWZS616 but returned the Clip+ to the store. Once you experience the deep bass Sony players have, it felt like I couldn't reproduce the same bass level. I am using the Monster Pro Copper. The same happened after I bought a Cowon. Bass not as "subwoofer" like coming out of my Copper's unless I use a Sony.

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #82 of 179
Bass matters, yet it also depends on the headphones. The HD428 is bass light while my RP-HTX7 is comparably bass heavy, there is a difference.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #83 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure that 320 mp3 still sound very good,never even tried it. there is a change i won't hear a difference,but the psycological effect has too much influence on me
wink_face.gif

Don't turn around too fast, someone is watching you - seriously, don't turn around...he might...no DON'T turn around!

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #84 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by eat2na /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the Clip+ to replace my old measly 4gig Sony NWZS616 but returned the Clip+ to the store. Once you experience the deep bass Sony players have, it felt like I couldn't reproduce the same bass level. I am using the Monster Pro Copper. The same happened after I bought a Cowon. Bass not as "subwoofer" like coming out of my Copper's unless I use a Sony.

the clip+ sounds very flat,very accurate...with even a very light tendency to the warm side. you my friend,love artificial bass. I had a cowon too for some time and the sound effects and eq options in those players are no.1 as far as i know, but with no eq they don't sound the best.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #86 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about children who aren't concious of the dangers of it ?

Maybe for that reason I see allot of people listening to their iems at ridiculous lvls, to me the outsider even with ambient noise it sound like some small speakers.

well if you can't explain to your child that, listening to loud can hurt you, then you or your child should not own one. Sounds like communism to me.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #87 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by boswd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here are some Prof reviews and to be honest I don't think I've read a single bad one

CNET.com (Editors' Choice) - "SanDisk Sansa Clip+ (4GB)"
PCMag.com (Editors' Choice Award) - "SanDisk Sansa Clip"
Digital Trends (Editors' Choice) - "SanDisk's Sansa Clip+ Review"
Computer Shopper (Editor's Choice) - "SanDisk Sansa Clip+ (4GB)"
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Review

I actually did a side by side comparison between the Fuze and his 5Gen Nano with my friend who is an Apple Lackey, both unamped, using same headphones, bought an MP3 from Amazon and downloaded on to each since he also has WMP.

I'm sorry the iPod just did not have the same definintion as the sansa, the highhats, and snare drums and the bass guitars were so easily identified on the sansa and more blended together on the iPod. This was Frank's Fly me to the Moon. I mean the strum of the bass guitar or chelo or what ever was just incredible on the sansa, the iPod just did not have that clarity.
We also went to the other spectrum and did For whom the bells toll by Mettalica, and same thing. It's just a cleaner more well defined sound.

Maybe you like ultra rich bass, I don't know.

But my ears tell me different than yours.

Agreed , my daughter has an ipod nano 5g that sits in her drawer since i bought her a sansa clip( same sound as the fuze). To me the clip beats the nano , hands down. Even my seven year old daughter could figure that one out.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #88 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got my $26 Clip+ today and I have to say I am not impressed. I was hoping for better sound than a 2nd gen iPod nano. Nope, not happening. As someone that detests Apple I am a sad panda.
triportsad.gif
I dusted of my old 12 year old Sony Discman and that blew away the iPod. I'll try rockboxing the Clip+ but I'm dubious it will be able to make up that much ground on the Nano. Anyone else experience this despite all the Sansa love??

What would sound better, a rockboxed Fuze, Fuze w/ LOD, or iModded Apple Wolfsons? I just cant stand having a DAP that sounds worse than an old Discman.

Most peculiar, I've been using a 2G Nano for the past 5 or so years and the Clip+ is a huge improvement over it in terms of SQ. This is stock, without rockbox or anything.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #89 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon7s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Clip+ sounds better with my pair of ER4 than they ever did out of my iPod 5.5. I'm using the E5 to amp it though, otherwise I'd never get enough volume.

Jesus christ man. I use the same setup (standard clip with ER4), and I have the volume up one or two ticks from mute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most peculiar, I've been using a 2G Nano for the past 5 or so years and the Clip+ is a huge improvement over it in terms of SQ. This is stock, without rockbox or anything.

x2, but my clip is the original issue (4gb silver).

Not sure how that affects the sound. The difference is absurd and greatly in favour of the clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still feel the Clip+ is the best I have heard. That's stock, no rockbox and using my UE-10's on the HO. It's hissless, clean and well defined across all the frequencies. What you put in is what you get out and that's awesome IMHO.

These are exactly my findings. It's not as "hi fi" as my desktop setup, but I find it is quite enjoyable - and its size for the sound it makes is amazing. My soundcards do a worse job of "music" than the clip IMO, and I am glad to get away from them in my desktop and portable rigs

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #90 of 179
got a clip+ last week, I listen to clip+ every morning when i travel to work and hoping it will sound better. but im disappointed with the bass because clip+ kill my hippo vb sub-bass
frown.gif

bad iem to pair with clip+?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back