Clip is tough little sucker
Dec 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

abitdeef

Formerly known as ihatepopupads
Headphoneus Supremus
Well I've had my clip for like a week now and even though it feels cheap it's pretty solid. I dropped it in the toilet the second day I had it (clean water thank god) I pulled it out immediately and dried it with a hairdryer and it was O.K.

I also have had it clipped to the bottom of my shirt (I don't know why) and have dropped it maybe like 6 times. Yesterday I was running up my basement stairs, and my headphone cord caught the railing and pulled it off violently. It flew down my stairs and crashed on the cement floor. I thought for sure there would be a mark or scratch or it would just fly apart. But she's as good as new. Not saying that it's a tank or anything, it's just sturdier than I though it would be for a 34.00 4 gig (cheap) dap. Maybe being so lightweight saves it from the falls, you know, newtons law
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 19
Flash memory
smily_headphones1.gif
- look forward to getting mine

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kicksonrt66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that's it. Lightweights don't fall hard.
Surviving the dunking is good though!

Lightweights fall just as hard as heavy things. They all fall with an acceleration of 9,81 m/s^2, when you don't count aerodynamics.

In other words: when you drop 2 balls (with a different weight) at the same time, they will hit the ground at the same time. Try it.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 19
wrt to acceleration @ 9.8m/s - that is correct.
mass is a factor when considering impact.. is it not?

a 1 kilo ball vs a 5 kilo ball dropped from the same height.. which will do more damage?

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wrt to acceleration @ 9.8m/s - that is correct.
mass is a factor when considering impact.. is it not?

a 1 kilo ball vs a 5 kilo ball dropped from the same height.. which will do more damage?

acceleration on two objects, heavy or light is the same BUT force of impact depends on the mass

F = m x (dv/dt) = m x a

where m is mass
a is acceleration

mass is not the same as weight

Weight is F

Yes, the heavier it is, the more damage.

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
acceleration on two objects, heavy or light is the same BUT force of impact depends on the mass

F = m x (dv/dt) = m x a

where m is mass
a is acceleration

Weight is F

ta!

Q answered.

my high school physics is is no where what it used to or maybe even should be
biggrin.gif

so. people you wanna trash yer mp3 player, buy the lightest one you can find.
dt880smile.png

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ta!

Q answered.

my high school physics is is no where what it used to or maybe even should be
biggrin.gif

so. people you wanna trash yer mp3 player, buy the lightest one you can find.
dt880smile.png

Wrong. Buy the one that has the most surface area. One must take into account the surface that it's impacting against.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong. Buy the one that has the most surface area. One must take into account the surface that it's impacting against.

that usually means that it is thin and you would likely shatter a corner.

The ideal player would be lightweight and be round like a ball.

What am I saying?...the ideal player already exists and it IS THE CLIP. Best sounding, unpretentious, and lightweight player. Not round, but who needs a fat player?

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

F = m x (dv/dt) = m x a

where m is mass
a is acceleration

Weight is F

Thank you George
wink.gif
LOL a ball shaped dap, that would be weird. Like the iriver mickey mouse dap.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #13 of 19
This thread has killed my love of headphones!...

I think there are ball shaped DAPs actually. I mean there are action figure DAPs and such...why not balls.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #14 of 19
OMG, just had the greatest idea ever! A superball case! You get a superball, and cut it in half, carve out a nice spot for the clip to go into, put the ball back together, but make sure you have an headphone opening, and volia! the indestructible DAP case! No matter how high it falls, it always bounces back!

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel90x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG, just had the greatest idea ever! A superball case! You get a superball, and cut it in half, carve out a nice spot for the clip to go into, put the ball back together, but make sure you have an headphone opening, and volia! the indestructible DAP case! No matter how high it falls, it always bounces back!

Yes! and if someone attacks you, you can throw the superball, err dap at em. Cause those things are hard
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back