Clip+ battery sucks
Feb 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 34
I get about 15 hours on mine running FLAC and Rockbox.

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #18 of 34

Quote:
I get 15 hours and 15 minutes with the latest Rockbox build on my Clip+ V1..This is an awesome tiny player wich is cheap and have a great sound quality.I wish Rockbox can make it run 20+ hours in the future.

No need to say Clip+ "V1", as there is only one Clip+ thus far.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #20 of 34
Yes...actually, you can dual boot. If you hold down the left button and press power, it boots to Sansa firmware. There's no reason to ever use the Sansa firmware after using Rockbox IMO. It sounds neutered.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #21 of 34
Rockbox it! i get 15-16 hrs with my clip

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #22 of 34
anyone notice a low-level hiss with the clip? it really annoys me... especially when going to sleep. at first i thought it was my headamp but then i tried going direct and its still there.

frown.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #23 of 34
How does it annoy you when music is playing..??

Quote:
anyone notice a low-level hiss with the clip? it really annoys me... especially when going to sleep. at first i thought it was my headamp but then i tried going direct and its still there.

frown.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #24 of 34
yeah its audible during quiet passages and when the music fades out... i live in a very quiet remote place so i usually play the Clip at RockBox volume of -50 with a +10db CMoy.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #25 of 34
Im not sure why you use a cmoy, but whatever floats ya boat. Amping without a lineout confuses me, i did it when i was first sucked into head-fi and noticed "no" increase in sound quality.
Maybe im accustomed to hiss now, i detect none on my DBA's and MS-1's through my Clip+

Quote:
yeah its audible during quiet passages and when the music fades out... i live in a very quiet remote place so i usually play the Clip at RockBox volume of -50 with a +10db CMoy.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #26 of 34
were a bit OT now hahaha!

anyway, i use a CMoy for...

1. 32ohm loads CAN be driven by the clip+ but with increased distortion. Much like a ferrari and a hyundai, both can do 100mph but the ferrari can do it better [with ease].
2. 32ohm loads hog a lot of current from the clip+ battery which well... you know why... oh, i used 600ohms for the CMoy input [like a high impedance can]
3. I can customize the CMoy to reduce a little [around -1db] of the top end, reducing a bit of sibilance and such or i can also put a bass boost thingy inside.

Maybe this is usual for many PMPs... Sometimes i use my laptop to play my lullabies and program it for automatic shutdown especially when i got to use the clip the following morning and the noise from the lapitopi is WAY louder than the clip+.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #27 of 34
It was my understanding that if you're going to use an amp from the Clip+...the volume should be set at "0" not "-50". I used an E5 for a while, but there was audible hiss, so I stopped using the E5. I'm still running mine at "-15" to "-13" w/o any driving issues. I think it doesn't need an amp for my cans.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #28 of 34
clip + has respectable battery life. I don't think in the scenario posed earlier, charging it via usb every 3 days is unreasonable.

Plus... they care cheap enough, buy a reburb or new one (2gb is enough) for $30 and always have a spare... swap mem card and you are good to go.  

If you don't like it, return it, sell it... do whatever you must.  Expecting Geo Metro gas mileage on a Hummer is just unreasonable. Clip+ does what it does very well and has respectable performance/balance in term of SQ, Battery life and size.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #29 of 34
@chelboed, i use a rockboxed sansa and the "almost max" setting is at 0db

when using at home, i usually charge it with my motorola phone charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back