Clever Little Clock garners its first review!
Jan 28, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I would generally be one of the first to agree with you and I don't consider myself to be one of those objectivist types, but as I understand it, this thing is supposed to make music sound better even when you don't know it's there and even though it has no effect on acoustic waves in the room, is not plugged in, and does not even make a sound. How can that be? What am I missing, that suggests this is not just an intentional put on?

You could criticize Brilliant Pebbles in the same way, but they've gotten tons of positive reviews on AudioAsylum (and 6moons).

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
You could criticize Brilliant Pebbles in the same way, but they've gotten tons of positive reviews on AudioAsylum (and 6moons).

My understanding is that the Brilliant Pebbles actually touch or sit upon audio equipment. That's one difference. In other words, putting aside whether Brilliant Pebbles works or not (I express no opinion on that as I have not heard them), at least they are in contact with the equipment, and in addition, one also presumably knows they are there (as you can see them). That's two distinguishing features that marks them as different from the clock.

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #48 of 57
You can put Brilliant Pebbles on gear, but most of the reviewers found that you have to move them around the room to see where they have the most positive effect.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #49 of 57
a1004.gif
this is the greatest thread EVER

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
I hate it when these so-called "objectivists" come into threads and crap all over anyone who's a fan of products that they don't like. If you don't think it's a good product, why bother posting? Just don't buy the product, you don't have to loudly advertise that fact, whether to ruin other's enjoyment or to make yourself feel superior.

Peter Belt has alot of experience in high-end audio, I trust him to make good products. His ears are not inferior to that of most audiophiles.

Edit: For me, so long as it sounds good, I don't care what kind of technological claims he makes or if it uses quantum technology or MFET or if he says that the clock was made by an angel. What matters is how it sounds to my ears.

Awesome! Then you are prepared to buy one and report the first Head-fi impression? Please do! And bring one to a meet, I'm certain that all the gear will benefit from its hidden presence in the room
icon10.gif

The big difference between your parody post and, say, the arguments that are proponents of the Turbodock, are that there are plenty of head-fiers who have bought it, used it, liked it, and kept it. So if you are serious, go buy your clock and tell us if you think it sounds better. That's the Subjectivist way - actually hearing it and deciding for yourself
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #51 of 57
someone should invite the machina guy to a meet, So he can explain his products in person
smily_headphones1.gif

that way you'll know if he's serious or not.

or contact him for audition samples of the clock and pebbles, so someone can take it to a meet.

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #54 of 57
STOP BEING SUCH A SKEPTIC AND THREAD CRAPPING!

i was wondering if any of you guys has had a priest visit your listening room? i have and it's made such a huge difference to the sound. you have to try it out. i a/b'd my room before and after the man of the cloth visited the sound was so much more fuller with greater definition and spaciality.

[size=xx-small]*nb: said man of cloth also brought over another pair of speakers.[/size]

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
STOP BEING SUCH A SKEPTIC AND THREAD CRAPPING!

i was wondering if any of you guys has had a priest visit your listening room? i have and it's made such a huge difference to the sound. you have to try it out. i a/b'd my room before and after the man of the cloth visited the sound was so much more fuller with greater definition and spaciality.

[size=xx-small]*nb: said man of cloth also brought over another pair of speakers.[/size]

I find that God is much less powerful than Odin in regards to acoustic improvement. Odin really knows his sounds - in fact, I've made my CD player into a shrine to him, complete with 9 animal sacrifices a year, and I am of the firm belief that every CD I put into my player is actually transmogrified into a vinyl record, perfectly mastered, for the purposes of playback. Sort of like bread into flesh, as some other deities do, but much better to hear!

Jan 28, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #56 of 57
"I have a stereo system on one side of the house and a home theater system on the other side. I started off putting the clock in the room with the home theater system where noticed a better picture, smoother and more film-like. Then I took the clock to the stereo system room - big improvement in the sound! Then I took the clock back to the home theater system, and when I returned to the stereo system the clock's effects were still present. Also, the clock worked quite well in the car." - Richard Frye, Dec 2005

You know... when the system sounds just as good without the clock (after removal)... this usually means that the clock did nothing. Idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back