Clear Tune Monitors CT-500 Elite Review Thread
May 19, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #46 of 95
Haha ordered? :sunglasses:

May 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #47 of 95

Yeap. Pretty much ticked all the boxes (well, almost) but at a much lower price. Already did impressions and paid for the unit. Now the wait begins.

Next issue. Cable. CT500 walks a razor thin line. Somehow CTM hit all the sweetspots but any minor changes and the signature gets skewered. Doesnt really work with SPC cables or overly warm copper ones. :frowning2:

May 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #48 of 95
Yeap. Pretty much ticked all the boxes (well, almost) but at a much lower price. Already did impressions and paid for the unit. Now the wait begins.

Next issue. Cable. CT500 walks a razor thin line. Somehow CTM hit all the sweetspots but any minor changes and the signature gets skewered. Doesnt really work with SPC cables or overly warm copper ones. :frowning2:

I have been sticking exclusively to the stock cable provided. That was the sound that I fall in love with and liked so I didn't bother to replace the cable. However I might in the future still change the cable but the idea of having to buy multiple cables and that not all cables will pair well with the ct500 is discouraging me from wasting time and money searching for the best cable Hahahaha.

May 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #49 of 95
I have been sticking exclusively to the stock cable provided. That was the sound that I fall in love with and liked so I didn't bother to replace the cable. However I might in the future still change the cable but the idea of having to buy multiple cables and that not all cables will pair well with the ct500 is discouraging me from wasting time and money searching for the best cable Hahahaha.

True. And yeah its not something which is do or die. Just an extra option out there to get. Haha. As i said getting a cable to pair well with the CT500 is a tough ask in the first place.

I ended up getting red plates, smoked grey body and silver CTM logo. Didn't really bother going all fancy. Smothing simple and nice suffices for me..

May 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #51 of 95

Nice seeing others pick up on the CT500's qualities. Looking forward to full impressions.  

Cable: yeah, waiting to see how the stock ones treat your ears is a good idea. Switching to DHC silver wasn't a huge change with the CT500s--not like what my ears experienced going from the stock cables on my Shure535s to Oiyade silver, which was a marked improvement. Depending on the music I'm listening to, I might swap back the stock CTM cable to get a slightly different sound on occasion.

Different strokes for different folks.

May 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #52 of 95
True. And yeah its not something which is do or die. Just an extra option out there to get. Haha. As i said getting a cable to pair well with the CT500 is a tough ask in the first place.

I ended up getting red plates, smoked grey body and silver CTM logo. Didn't really bother going all fancy. Smothing simple and nice suffices for me..

Nice!!! You will be surprised with CTM's workmanship! Both my CT500 and CT6E looks absolutely stunning!!! And not to mention they sound great too!

I've stuck with the stock cable as well.  Early on I decided I liked the sound as is and I didn't want to risk a change that might negatively affect the excellent mids.

Yeap same as me!! I'm more of a first impression type of guy, once i like it from the first listen i will try to not change the sound signature since that was the sound that i fell in love with that resulted in me buying it!

Nice seeing others pick up on the CT500's qualities. Looking forward to full impressions.  

Cable: yeah, waiting to see how the stock ones treat your ears is a good idea. Switching to DHC silver wasn't a huge change with the CT500s--not like what my ears experienced going from the stock cables on my Shure535s to Oiyade silver, which was a marked improvement. Depending on the music I'm listening to, I might swap back the stock CTM cable to get a slightly different sound on occasion.

Different strokes for different folks.

CTM never fails to amaze me. Great price and super good sound!!!

May 20, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #53 of 95
Yeah guess ill stick with the stock cables for awhile since its what got me into the CT500 in the first place. But i have a couple of nice deals for a Plussound Exo SPC and another custom copper litz cable for cheap so might be able to play around abit.

But im still pretty surprised at my impressions. My canals go up at a steep 45° angle for some reason. I hope CTM wont find it a hindrance. Should be okay since i have big ears. Haha.

May 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #54 of 95
Yeah guess ill stick with the stock cables for awhile since its what got me into the CT500 in the first place. But i have a couple of nice deals for a Plussound Exo SPC and another custom copper litz cable for cheap so might be able to play around abit.

But im still pretty surprised at my impressions. My canals go up at a steep 45° angle for some reason. I hope CTM wont find it a hindrance. Should be okay since i have big ears. Haha.

Don't worry i have weird ear canals and CTM did it right in their first try :D. Your in good hands man!

May 20, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #55 of 95
  Nice!!! You will be surprised with CTM's workmanship! Both my CT500 and CT6E looks absolutely stunning!!! And not to mention they sound great too!

Yeap same as me!! I'm more of a first impression type of guy, once i like it from the first listen i will try to not change the sound signature since that was the sound that i fell in love with that resulted in me buying it!

CTM never fails to amaze me. Great price and super good sound!!!

Sad to admit but I was convinced by Sentinel92 to give the CT500 a try couple of months and much to my surprise, the sound quality the CT500 is presenting is astonishing. Wasn't entirely impressed the CT6E unfortunately as the mids sounded recessed in the lower mids and slightly mid forwards (but that's to my ears of course).

And I have a UE18 also on order which should be arriving sometime next week while the CT500 should be coming in about 3-4 weeks time :)

May 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #56 of 95
Sad to admit but I was convinced by Sentinel92 to give the CT500 a try couple of months and much to my surprise, the sound quality the CT500 is presenting is astonishing. Wasn't entirely impressed the CT6E unfortunately as the mids sounded recessed in the lower mids and slightly mid forwards (but that's to my ears of course).

And I have a UE18 also on order which should be arriving sometime next week while the CT500 should be coming in about 3-4 weeks time :)

Hello, My CT500 Poison Victim #1. Hahahahaha. Guess u gotta wait another 5-6 weeks now since my impressions just got shipped today.

And i hope so @ZzmadzZ. Wouldn't want a refit to occur.

May 24, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #58 of 95
  Is there anyone who has heard the CT500 and the Aclair RSM Quad?

I auditioned both at CanJam last fall.  I listened to the entire Alclair line for 10-15 minutes, focusing on the Quads.  They didn't do it for me.  Highs seemed compressed and mids bloated compared to what I heard from CTM and Noble, my two favs at the show.  I'll grant that I was listening to universals and may not have had a good seal or fit, but I was listening to universals from all makers, and Alclair just didn't do it for me in that setting.  I went to the show *wanting* to like Alclair based on reviews I was seeing on Head-fi but I couldn't get past the highs/mids and the narrow soundstage.  

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #60 of 95
I appreciate the comparison also.  The short list for me was down for the CT-500, 1964 V6 and the Aclair RSM. A week ago I pulled the trigger on the CT-500.  Ultimately it was Muziq's comments along with jelt2359 review and Deviltooth's review at the beginning of this post that pushed me to the 500's.  It's been said many times but this head-fi board really is a wonderful resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back