Clear MG Vs Elex
Mar 7, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #16 of 19
I bought both Clear Mg and Elex and kept Elex. The Clear Mg were just too laid back in the highs for me. Comparing A/B with the Elex, you miss details and liveliness. But if you're sensitive to treble, then the Elex might not work too well for you. BTW, I also think the bass is hands down better in the Elex. Better texture, quantity, and less bleed into the mids.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 19
I bought both Clear Mg and Elex and kept Elex. The Clear Mg were just too laid back in the highs for me. Comparing A/B with the Elex, you miss details and liveliness. But if you're sensitive to treble, then the Elex might not work too well for you. BTW, I also think the bass is hands down better in the Elex. Better texture, quantity, and less bleed into the mids.
Appreciate the feedback. I went with the MG some time ago. I like it quite a bit, as I prefer a slightly darker presentation, and I feel that it offers a little better imaging and layering. The Elex was too bright and metallic sounding for my liking.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #18 of 19
Sounds like it's perfect for you then, cheers to that! I actually found that I like the bright metallic tone of the Elex, but it might be because I got used to the Elex first and then tried the Mg. If you like the Mg, have you tried Aeolus? I feel like they're somewhat similar.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 19
Sounds like it's perfect for you then, cheers to that! I actually found that I like the bright metallic tone of the Elex, but it might be because I got used to the Elex first and then tried the Mg. If you like the Mg, have you tried Aeolus? I feel like they're somewhat similar.
Haven't tried anything from ZMF... Yet. I'm only using Daps these days, so they don't really fit my needs. The Bokeh looks and sounds rather appealing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back