Clear Audio Magix levitation feet - impressions and pics!
Mar 28, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #31 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is there ers paper on the magix? are there electronics inside the levitating thing? The item itself is already shielded from magnetism. I thought ers paper was for high frequency electromagnetic interference, not from.. regular magnetic fields..

Because if I have ERS Paper, I wrap everything!

I tried to make my own Z-Sleeve, I guess it didn't work.

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #32 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man arent you afraid of a fire with all this paper around the house? Is the paper special so that it doesnt warm up in the electric devises?
blink.gif

No problem with ERS Paper, I have done experiments with soldering iron and blowing up stuff, no problems. The cotton just burns away and reveals the Carbon Fibers.
I have subconsciously done some real life scenarios of what could happen, I made a short-circuit and it blew up the connector (the pins are black now), the ERS Paper just got a little burnt but no fire started. ERS Paper is great! Too bad the Premier Power Plant isn't functioning anymore. My amp has short-circuit protection but Power Plant doesn't, I guess I learned it the "hard way". At least now I can strip it for parts and mod the P300 more.

After I made the P300 mod above it was better than Premier ever was. If I had known it I would have blown up the Premier much sooner. Now I know the meaning of the word fate.

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #34 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick that duracell battery on the top of the dac must change the sound quite a bit, is it there on purpose? Make the sound more... sparky?

it adds mass which improves the performance when used with isolation products...

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #35 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it adds mass which improves the performance when used with isolation products...

I meant as opposed to more coins or something that didnt have a large amount of electricity stored in it.

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #36 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant as opposed to more coins or something that didnt have a large amount of electricity stored in it.

coins? what coins? I doubt he has any spare change left over from extreme modifications
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #37 of 93
The improvement after the P300 transformer mod is the biggest I have ever heard. Every component need to be separated from each other, it's as important as separating them from ground vibrations.

I see the future now. Every semiconductor on top of its own Magix levitation foot and connected to each other with Valhalla speaker wiring.
This also solves the circuit board problem. It's also easier to shield each component from infecting EMI to another.

I will use thousands of Magix but I need a bigger room to fit everything inside. I can see the design now. I need to be hanging from the ceiling to be able to solder all the components together.

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #38 of 93
I moved the Toroid outside of the chassis of DAC1, I put it on top of Magix. I also changed the 10cm stock DC wiring into 70cm Nordost Valkyrja, both were 22awg. I also removed the 25cm input wires of the Toroid and soldered Valhalla to the stumps. Now I only have little stock stumps left in my system. Everything has been replaced with Valhalla + Valkyrja + Vishnu except for the apartment wiring and PSU of computer.
After I made the first cut I realized what I did was irreversible, I have turned insane from banging my head on my table too many times.

It sounded very dry and open, all the edginess was gone, it was kind of boring. But after a few seconds I heard new worlds of low-level detail everywhere, it was both dry and scary. I needed to keep pausing music to confirm if the sounds came from real life or headphones. New sounds I never heard before are now audible and they are clear and smooth. I'm hearing more hairy transients everywhere.

Everything is too dry, but it still sounds amazing.

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #39 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not get huge magnets and make everything levetate? Source, DAC etc.
LEVL.jpg

Even the sofa?
confused.gif

I do like the maglev feet you got!

Magnets are bad for electronical signals. You don't want to alter the signal!
cool.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #41 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I moved the Toroid outside of the chassis of DAC1, I put it on top of Magix...

...Everything is too dry, but it still sounds amazing.

Wow I can hear burn-in of the Valkyrja now. It doesn't sound too smooth and dry anymore, transparency is appearing now.
I also heard the burn-in of the P300 mod, I didn't know Vishnu and Valkyrja were this good, they just needed some burn-in. I still wonder how it would sound like when replacing them with Valhalla. Time to start saving up...

It sounds so unreal I must be dreaming. It's like 2 tracks are on top of each other, a whole new track has appeared in the background which I never heard before. Either this mod made this big difference or I must have been insane all those years and suddenly I woke up. Moving the vibrating Toroid out of the DAC1 gives an awakening. It makes all my previous upgrades subtle in comparison!

Improvement score: Too many numbers to fit in this post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back