Cleaning tool for Higher-end Sennheiser IEM's CX6 IE6 IE7 IE8
Mar 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Usama

100+ Head-Fier
After switching tips and finding a lot of wax built up on the side of the nozzle on the right bud of my CX500's that is worrying me about their longetivity. I want to know how effective this cleaning tool is? Are the CX500's similar to the Etymotics that have filters?

I now think that Sennheiser should have provided the cleaning to their middle-range canalphones to.

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 12
They should provide brush instead of metal loop thingy. Metal loop thingy more suitable for BA IEM with small nozzle like Westone, Shure, etc.

I just make sure my ears clean and the tips doesnt have any wax/debris.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 12
I thought it was a loop thingy. If they provide a brush then I really should not have to worry about wax entering the inside of the nozzle, like the ER6's. Thanks, toughnut.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #5 of 12
Ohhhhhhhhh, I misread your initial post believing that you said it in a future tense because you don't own them then I missed both your sig and avi. Miscommunication by moi.

Have you tried inserting the metal loop into the speaker area, after prolonged use? Afterwards, seeing a noticeable improvement in sound because you got rid of the clogged up debris?

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 12
the metal loop works wonders.

but i think for the filters..they should have included a small brush also

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #7 of 12
Metal loop doesnt go well with the metal mesh. I cant think of any logical way to use the metal loop to clean the metal mesh. It will only push the wax/debris into the mesh.

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 12
just hope most of the wax is bigger than the metal mesh

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metal loop doesnt go well with the metal mesh. I cant think of any logical way to use the metal loop to clean the metal mesh. It will only push the wax/debris into the mesh.

ya i agree..

they should include brush on the other end of the tool

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I would like to bump this thread because i did not receive a cleaning otol with my ie8 and it needs a good lceaning.
Are there any cleaning tools available with loop/brush so that I can give the whole thing a good cleaning?
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

I know you are outside of U.S. but this is quite good priced. Cerumen Removal Tool with Brush | Westone

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 12
Anouk, you can get the IE8 cleaning tool as an accessory from your nearest Sennheiser stockist (part number 525734). Check their website for dealers in your area. I didn't get one either but plan to get one soon (Amazon gave me a 20% refund rather than have to send the whole package back - nice of them as it saved me £31.32 and I think the tool is only a few quid!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back