Cleaning headphone ear pads/headband help?
Aug 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Krisman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pair of used Beyerdynamic T70p headphones and have really enjoyed them so far except for one thing....the earpads and headband stink!

When they arrived I think the previous owner had sprayed them with something to mask the smell but that has well and truly worn off to leave a odourous stench which is really annoying me!

The earpads are removable but I am not sure about the headband, does anyone have some suggestions of how best to clean them both without causing any damage/corrosion etc?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Warm water with a drop of mild soap - liquid hand soap works fine.

Squeeze pads to work the suds through.  If they stink so much you may want to let them soak for a while.  Maybe go with antibacterial soap (but I wouldn't use anything containing alcohol).

Rinse well, again squeezing water in to get rid of all soap residue.

Don't worry if the foam doesn't take back its shape right away; it will when it dries - unless it's really worn out, in which case you might as well buy new pads.

Let dry on a rack.

I used this method to wash my Sennheiser pads a couple days ago.  They look, feel and sound as if they had never taken a beating for the past 3 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back