Clean up your ears!
Jan 26, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #16 of 33
How much did it cost you for this little operation?

Do you also hear high frequency noise/sound in your daily life? For me I can always hear like a very high frequency tiiiiiiiing sound which is pretty constant especially in quiet environments.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 33
No, I do not have buzzing problem.  However, in my job I need to be able to hear and understand a question in a noisy audience even if the room has poor acoustics, so I keep my ears in shape, and that also useful for listening to music.

I tried a different product today.  It has more cerumen disolving power, and there is no gas to propel the liquid in the ear, so its much more comfortable to use.  In a month, I'll tell you if I am still happy with it.

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 33
this thread is getting gross

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #19 of 33
Unless you have a medical issue a lot of this seems like a solution looking for a problem. You're more likely to cause issues by messing with your ears more than necessary. All that's needed is to wash the outside (whatever you can't reach with your finger/towel isn't meant to be messed with). 

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #21 of 33
Research ear candles. Much safer alternative to cotten swabs.

ear candles are a lunacy. 
my first 2 results with google, so I guess you must not have looked into it a lot yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_candling
http://www.audiology.org/news/ear-candles-and-candling-ineffective-and-dangerous

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #22 of 33
Two words..hydrogen peroxide.
Tilt your head to one side and place a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ear. Wait 10 to 15 seconds while the wax dissolves. (you will hear a crackling noise as the peroxide bubbles.) Tilt head the other direction and let the peroxide and dissolved wax run out. Repeat if needed and dry ear carefully with Q-tip.
I've never heard anything about this method being wrong or in any way dangerous...I've done it many times. If you feel it may be harmful in any way don't do it!

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #23 of 33
Two words..hydrogen peroxide.
Tilt your head to one side and place a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ear. Wait 10 to 15 seconds while the wax dissolves. (you will hear a crackling noise as the peroxide bubbles.) Tilt head the other direction and let the peroxide and dissolved wax run out. Repeat if needed and dry ear carefully with Q-tip.
I've never heard anything about this method being wrong or in any way dangerous...I've done it many times. If you feel it may be harmful in any way don't do it!

I use this method with the added use of a Water Pik to gently rinse the ears (and NO Q-tips, ever). It's how my doctor cleans ears at her clinic. Just be sure to start the Water Pik on LOW!

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #25 of 33
Anyone ever hear... what sounds like... A rubber band stretching in your ear when you move your jaw/chew/etc... ?  Thinking I may have damaged ear from q-tip also. Anyway, I can still hear fine ( seems fine, but annoying ) so just curious. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #26 of 33
The thought of NOT cleaning your ears with a Q-tip…and waiting till you saw a doctor or waiting every several weeks and using a home kit seems repulsive to me.  Can’t even imagine….

There is a science to cleaning ears with Q-tips.  Granted we all have different levels of ear wax but I have used this method for 20 years and rarely ever even see a smidgeon of particulate on any of my IEM tips I have ever used so I KNOW THIS WORKS!.

Here is what I do  (WARNING:  Quite Graphic).

Every day ( hopefully)  after you shower and dry off:

1. Take a cotton garment from dirty laundry (or from wherever) and finger dry each ear canal.
  2. Does not have to be done immediately but within 10 min….take a Q-tip and carefully twist it into ear where it just slightly pops in (1/4”)?....   Then SLOWLY and methodically twist back out but pressing the swab on the outer perimeter of your canal as you twist/back it back out. Once out, it should show plenty of orange wax.   Once you start backing the swab out NEVER go back inwards.  
  3.  Insert other end of Q-tip and slowly, pressing the swab on outer perimeter as you twist/backout in the other direction.   Repeat with clean swabs until swab comes out clean.

That’s it!  My ears are clean as a whistle!  Hopefully what I describe makes sense.  PM me if not.

No one can tell me that this is stupid or doesn't work or is harmful...this is the best way to clean your ears outside of a much more invasive time consuming and professional exercise.

I FULLY UNDERSTAND that merely jamming a Q-tip into you ear, slight twist...and pulling it out...would do more harm than good.  I AGREE!  This is why everyone advises against using Q-tips.    My method is much different.

If you do my method daily as part of your routine  (shower, shave, etc...)  your ears will always be whistle clean. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #28 of 33
  Anyone ever hear... what sounds like... A rubber band stretching in your ear when you move your jaw/chew/etc... ?  Thinking I may have damaged ear from q-tip also. Anyway, I can still hear fine ( seems fine, but annoying ) so just curious. 

I used to have an issue where if I opened my mouth a certain way my jaw would pop/click (so I'd hear it while when I opened my mouth, during chewing, trying to pop my ears, etc.). It ended up being my wisdom teeth grinding on my jaw bone. I had all 4 removed before it caused a fracture.

I'm not sure if your issue is related (can't say it sounded like rubber). Worth considering though.

The thought of NOT cleaning your ears with a Q-tip…and waiting till you saw a doctor or waiting every several weeks and using a home kit seems repulsive to me.  Can’t even imagine….

There is a science to cleaning ears with Q-tips.  Granted we all have different levels of ear wax but I have used this method for 20 years and rarely ever even see a smidgeon of particulate on any of my IEM tips I have ever used so I KNOW THIS WORKS!.

Here is what I do  (WARNING:  Quite Graphic).

Every day ( hopefully)  after you shower and dry off:

1. Take a cotton garment from dirty laundry (or from wherever) and finger dry each ear canal.
  2. Does not have to be done immediately but within 10 min….take a Q-tip and carefully twist it into ear where it just slightly pops in (1/4”)?....   Then SLOWLY and methodically twist back out but pressing the swab on the outer perimeter of your canal as you twist/back it back out. Once out, it should show plenty of orange wax.   Once you start backing the swab out NEVER go back inwards.  
  3.  Insert other end of Q-tip and slowly, pressing the swab on outer perimeter as you twist/backout in the other direction.   Repeat with clean swabs until swab comes out clean.

That’s it!  My ears are clean as a whistle!  Hopefully what I describe makes sense.  PM me if not.

No one can tell me that this is stupid or doesn't work or is harmful...this is the best way to clean your ears outside of a much more invasive time consuming and professional exercise.

I FULLY UNDERSTAND that merely jamming a Q-tip into you ear, slight twist...and pulling it out...would do more harm than good.  I AGREE!  This is why everyone advises against using Q-tips.    My method is much different.

If you do my method daily as part of your routine  (shower, shave, etc...)  your ears will always be whistle clean. 

Sounds more like an addiction/compulsion to me (like those who brush their teeth so many times a day they brush their enamel off, or those who shower so many times a day they dry their skin out). There's no medical reason to clean the inside of your ears unless you have a wax buildup (which isn't a normal/common occurrence). The wax is in there for a reason (to catch unwanted things that drift in there, same as the mucus in your nose).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back