Classical Contemporary Music Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #211 of 454
  Do you have a favourite or favourites for his guitar music performer wise? I only have Fukuda, and am not aware of any other recordings worth getting

I like Franz Halasz.
If you don`t care for Fukuda then Halasz may not convince you much more though.
I think Fukuda`s interpretations provide a certain starkness which I personally enjoy.

Despite my own fondness for Takemitsu and the guitar I rarely listen his guitar music.
I generally prefer his music for larger ensembles and even then in small doses at the right time.
That said I`m not convinced I really know his guitar music (or other small ensemble work) well enough to properly enjoy it, yet.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #215 of 454

Pokemonn lives!

beerchug.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #220 of 454
Feb 22, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #224 of 454

The textures and empty space painted by the compositions were interesting. Finally becoming somewhat familiar with it.
The whole recording was also excellent as study music during last night's late session.

Also enjoying listening to the recordings in the Darmstadt Aural Documents Box 3.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #225 of 454

totally yummy sounding on my desktop speaker(KEF LS50) setup! 3D and holographic...

The textures and empty space painted by the compositions were interesting. Finally becoming somewhat familiar with it.
The whole recording was also excellent as study music during last night's late session.

Also enjoying listening to the recordings in the Darmstadt Aural Documents Box 3.

Both great posts IMO.
Thanks to you both for keeping the thread alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back