Clarity of super.fi 5 pro
Dec 11, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 25
i'm amping the super.fi3 studios (V2), and i'm noticing a notable improvement in the bass as well as midrange presence

what effect does amping the super.fi 5 pros have?

Dec 11, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm a "mids" kind of guy, but the 5 Pros were the worst IEMs I ever heard.

Only muddy bass, very recessed treble, no mids (I can't even tell you how bad snares were).

However, I seem to be the extremist in advising people not to get them, so YMMV.

Surely you're experience adds to the theory that with IEMs especially, everyone hears things differently. My opinion of them is that I think they had chubby bass (yet, fairly well extended), slightly recessed mids, and strong treble response. SF5Ps are the yang to the E4s yen. They're almost exactly opposite of each other, IMO.

One thing that I mention anytime that I talk about the SF5P is the fact that I have very large ears and ear canals. The SF5Ps went very deep into my ears. I posted some pictures of my ear with the SF5P in on head-fi a long time ago and people were very
eek.gif
at how far they went into my ears.

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #18 of 25
i must say i never consider "clarity" to be a parameter that one should expect to find in the 5pros.........they are NOT a clear-sounding iem at all. even the 3studios beat them on clarity and fidelity..........(i keep my 3studios and sold my 5pros)

where the 5pros shine is its deep and punchy bass and its more than decent soundstage, giving an almost legendary fun sound that moves and kicks around and makes you nod and jerk on the road. if this is what you'r after then the 5pros are what you should get. otherwise there'r always better options.

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely you're experience adds to the theory that with IEMs especially, everyone hears things differently. My opinion of them is that I think they had chubby bass (yet, fairly well extended), slightly recessed mids, and strong treble response. SF5Ps are the yang to the E4s yen. They're almost exactly opposite of each other, IMO.

One thing that I mention anytime that I talk about the SF5P is the fact that I have very large ears and ear canals. The SF5Ps went very deep into my ears. I posted some pictures of my ear with the SF5P in on head-fi a long time ago and people were very
eek.gif
at how far they went into my ears.

word. LOL, I remember those pics. Ingo doesn't even need the FS mod, his SF5Ps appear to be tiny.
icon10.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #20 of 25
have to ask about the e4c's.. i'm very curious about them because i currently have the v-moda vibes and I'd like to know how they compare.

they have been described as warmer than the e4c's, with less detail and highs. i feel that there is a juuuust a tad bit of bass on the vibes that i'd like to see gone.

So, i'm wondering if the e4c's will fit that bill nicely. i highly enjoy mids and instrument separation.

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have to ask about the e4c's.. i'm very curious about them because i currently have the v-moda vibes and I'd like to know how they compare.

they have been described as warmer than the e4c's, with less detail and highs. i feel that there is a juuuust a tad bit of bass on the vibes that i'd like to see gone.

So, i'm wondering if the e4c's will fit that bill nicely. i highly enjoy mids and instrument separation.

Just my opinion, but I think the Super.fi 5 Pro is closer in sound signature to the V-Moda Vibe than the E4s are. You'll find good detail and excellent separation with bass that's strong but not uncontrolled, such as the bass you might find on the Vibes. They're both extremely "fun" to listen to.

You'll probably like the E4s if you decide to go for them, but they sound entirely different. Compared to the Vibe, I'd describe the E4 as "leaner" but much more accurate. Bass will be significantly tighter, and if you're used to the Vibes, you might find the bass on the E4 lacking at first. But rest assured, the E4s have do have great, punchy bass.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #23 of 25
I tried to like the E4c compared to the Super. fi 5 Pro. While I agree the bass can go deep, the bass on the E4C lacks fullness and did not respond well to EQ.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #24 of 25
I've said it many times, and I'll say it again.

The super.fi 5 Pro was supposed to be my first true step into the Head-Fi world. Sadly, the KSC75 really was.

The super.fi 5 Pro simply sounds out of tune overall. It either sounds really recessed, muffled, or both.

The triple.fi 10 Pro however, I really liked. At the time of the Head Fest, I preferred it over the Shure E530PTH, but I didn't really stop to give both a real hear through.

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #25 of 25
The good thing about SF5Pro is it shows good details in music and all the details are very audible mean it's very clean. Shure E4c shows more details in mids and highs than SF5Pro but it's not very audible in noisy invrmnt. So on the end SF pro will win because it's bass is very detailed, punchy and cleaner than E4c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back