Clarification Required - HE-4 " HE-4 is the single end version of HE-5LE" What Does This Mean ?
Jul 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Amarbir

Member of the Trade: Lynx India
Respected Dr Fang,
            While Reading The Headdirect website i came across this "HE-4 is the single end version of HE-5LE" .Can you explain me what were you trying to put across .This has just flow Off the head  .Rest i Can Surely understand .

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Respected Dr Fang,
            While Reading The Headdirect website i came across this "HE-4 is the single end version of HE-5LE" .Can you explain me what were you trying to put across .This has just flow Off the head  .Rest i Can Surely understand .

I suspect that he is referring to the fact that the HE-4 cable is terminated with an SE phone plug rather than the 4-pin XLR connector as in the 5LE.

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I suspect that he is referring to the fact that the HE-4 cable is terminated with an SE phone plug rather than the 4-pin XLR connector as in the 5LE.

Well ,
 Only If He Could Ever Reply 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 4
The HE-4 is basically an HE-5 LE with the magnetic structure on the backside of the transducer only. The HE-5 LE has got magnets on both sides of the driver. Thus the allegory to Single Ended is confusing if you have not held both units in your hands. It would be even more confusing if it said the "one sided version".

That said they do indeed differ in sound with more control and definition in favour for the HE-5 LE. The HE-4 is really good for less well recorded material and in Gemany there are a few Metal Afficionados who really like what the HE-4 does for them.

So if you always wondered why the HE-4 is lighter and has got a lower sensitivity: It is missing half the magnets of its bigger brother.

If you wanted to you can run either unit unit with a balanced mode as the mini-coax connectors allow you to build your own cable.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back