Circumstantial-Bachelor/Bachelorette-Fi
Aug 28, 2007 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

GlendaleViper

Yep, words.
This is a thread for the half-whole people out there: Those of us with a great relationship, but challenged by long-distance, temporary or otherwise.

I just moved my girlfriend to university (a mere four hours away) for ten months. Not a huge distance, but when you don't have a car, it becomes troublesome (financially and otherwise) to get to her. Besides, she's in school and therefore busy. She also has a part-time job while there.

Anyway, I know of another poor bugger here at Head-Fi in my situation (MUCH longer distance though) so I figured all us weenies could get together and discuss how we're managing the idle hands.

I'm assuming the general stance that we're all faithfully waiting for their return, but if you're using the "opportunity" to get squirrely with as many other nuts as possible while the cat's away and feel like spilling about it, go right ahead.

Personally, I'm currently compiling parts for a few Cmoys for practice before I dive into a beta22 build. I'm also considering some part-time university for photography, since I never finished my art degree and have effectively abandoned painting for imaging. I'm also digging into a most nerdly campaign of Dungeons & Dragons with other Head-Fiers over at Dungeon-Fi.

Plenty to do beyond sulking! What's your distraction of choice?

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 27
I would advise anyone considering a serious long-distance relationship to run for the hills. Forget about it. It sounds far more romantic than it really is. It's bad.

Find an SO that lives in the same town/city as you are.

Trust me.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 27
hmmm....are you aware of the term 'turkey dump'? lol...just kidding, I'm sure you'll all be fine
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 27
My girlfriend's imaginary... and I think she's cheating on me.
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would advise anyone considering a serious long-distance relationship to run for the hills. Forget about it. It sounds far more romantic than it really is. It's bad.

Find an SO that lives in the same town/city as you are.

Trust me.

Mostly agree with ya... but after 9.5 years, I think I can handle 10 months apart. Trust me, she's worth it. Smokin' hot, too.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Smokin' hot, too.
biggrin.gif

This thread is worthless without pictures. Help us understand why you're willing to endure an LDR.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 27
677999736_f69d4bc0a3.jpg

511618199_373bac7ba9_o.jpg

Probably shouldn't, but I just can't say no to Superman! For the record, a picture will only show you one aspect of just how great she is.

Oh, and Silverrain, care to elaborate? You mean don't forget that it's tough for both sides?

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just think about the opportunities available within a 10 mile radius.

Ok, so, uh... anyone else posting in here beyond one or two of us that the thread was actually created for? I don't mean to be rude, but not all of us are looking to bag every skank in the postal code just because it's available.

Quality over quantity anyone?

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Probably shouldn't, but I just can't say no to Superman!

If only women felt the same way.

Quote:

For the record, a picture will only show you one aspect of just how great she is.

Very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif
And I'm with you on that one.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Quality over quantity anyone?

Sometimes quantity is quality. It particularly seems that way when the quantity in question is zero.

'what's that, 10% of nothing, so let me do the math, nothing into nothing, carry the...'---Jayne from Firefly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back