Circumaural Raal headphone (Interview with Danny McKinney of Raal Requisite)
Aug 2, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #17 of 63
Shang Sr? Jesus.

Yup, and although I'm a bit skeptical (only because of the design and greatness of the Sr1a is).. if these can keep most of the Sr1a magic and offer more completeness due to the circumaural design, it would be great to have alongside the Hifiman.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #18 of 63
Yup, and although I'm a bit skeptical (only because of the design and greatness of the Sr1a is).. if these can keep most of the Sr1a magic and offer more completeness due to the circumaural design, it would be great to have alongside the Hifiman.
What about your Shang Sr impressions vizaviz the 009? @number1sixerfan

Want to read this before my next purchase (most likely an estat). 🙂

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 63
OMG we have been oh so desiring this THIS since 1910. We are so close! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #20 of 63
What about your Shang Sr impressions vizaviz the 009? @number1sixerfan

Want to read this before my next purchase (most likely an estat). 🙂

I'll try to expedite this. Will aim for this week and definitely at the least get you something via PM if needed. Have you already landed on an amp?!

OMG we have been oh so desiring this THIS since 1910. We are so close! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol, hence my skepticism!

Aug 4, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #22 of 63
Checkout my interview with Danny McKinney of Raal about the upcoming circumaural raal headphone!

Great info! Definitely on my purchase list.

Depending on @number1sixerfan's appraisal, might have to just bypass everything and go for the Shangri La Sr.

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #23 of 63
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #24 of 63
super interested in these ones. i couldn't help trying the current sr1a because of it's low cost (relatively lol) to the other totl options and i wanted a taste of the summit. i couldn't be more happy with the sr1a as my end game besides the bass, picking up a quality subwoofer has been a surprisingly excellent supplement. and of course there's the form factor which has its novelty but i wouldn't mind a traditional set that has similar capabilities haha

also very fortunate to be starting a new job to help afford this fickle hobby :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #25 of 63
I wonder how good the bass will be on these. Prominent fast but extended bass would be great. Planar like bass would be prob insta buy for me.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #27 of 63
picking up a quality subwoofer has been a surprisingly excellent supplement

I don't know why I didn't think of trying this.. I have a rel t7i sub in my speaker setup. Looks like it's gg to be a fun weekend.

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #28 of 63
I don't know why I didn't think of trying this.. I have a rel t7i sub in my speaker setup. Looks like it's gg to be a fun weekend.

Years and years ago I used a subwoofer with my K1000 (same design), with really excellent results. It's not really feasible now where I have my headphone setup, but definitely give it a go if you can and report back! :)

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #29 of 63
super interested in these ones. i couldn't help trying the current sr1a because of it's low cost (relatively lol) to the other totl options and i wanted a taste of the summit. i couldn't be more happy with the sr1a as my end game besides the bass, picking up a quality subwoofer has been a surprisingly excellent supplement. and of course there's the form factor which has its novelty but i wouldn't mind a traditional set that has similar capabilities haha

also very fortunate to be starting a new job to help afford this fickle hobby :sweat_smile:
I am liking my Sr1a more and more every day. I probably listen to it way more than I listen to any of my other cans. The resolution and clarity just pulls you in.

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #30 of 63
Years and years ago I used a subwoofer with my K1000 (same design), with really excellent results. It's not really feasible now where I have my headphone setup, but definitely give it a go if you can and report back! :)
I am waiting on a KEF subwoofer to reach me to pair with my Sr1a. But I wonder if its better to wait and see what the circumaural brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back