Circumaural Raal headphone (Interview with Danny McKinney of Raal Requisite)
Aug 12, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #31 of 63
I think timing in the interplay of subwoofer and headphones will not fit well .
The subwoofer will be playing behind , so it is too slow . But somehow logical .
The runtime of the driver on the ear and the runtime of the frequencies of the subwoofer
in the room are too different in my opinion.
I'm on your impressions interested with the KEF Subwoofer .
Best Greetings , Nomos

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #33 of 63
From the interview/podcast, what is your take on whether this circumaural headphone is supposed to be positioned next to SR1a, complementing where it "lacks" (in bass), or an upgrade, aka better balanced (albeit perhaps less detailed/open) headphone? It seems that the new headphone will be slightly cheaper, but their tube amp significantly more expensive. I am assuming here, that you can mix and match their headphone offerings and their two amps?

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #34 of 63
From the interview/podcast, what is your take on whether this circumaural headphone is supposed to be positioned next to SR1a, complementing where it "lacks" (in bass), or an upgrade, aka better balanced (albeit perhaps less detailed/open) headphone? It seems that the new headphone will be slightly cheaper, but their tube amp significantly more expensive. I am assuming here, that you can mix and match their headphone offerings and their two amps?

Based on what he told me Craal is not an upgrade. Its a different presentation. From the tone of what he said, Sr1a will still be better in some areas (but I don't think he openly said that).

For people wanting that incredibly open sound, sr1a likely will still be superior. We'll see.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #35 of 63
I think timing in the interplay of subwoofer and headphones will not fit well .
The subwoofer will be playing behind , so it is too slow . But somehow logical .
The runtime of the driver on the ear and the runtime of the frequencies of the subwoofer
in the room are too different in my opinion.
haven't had any issues with it using virtual audio cable with my desktop setup. maybe some neglible ms difference, but in practice it's pretty seamless to me

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #36 of 63
I wonder whats going on with Raal ? Would be nice to see some pictures of it now. And are they gonna be at Canjam ?

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #37 of 63
Is the Jotunheim R good for these, too?

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #38 of 63
I wonder whats going on with Raal ? Would be nice to see some pictures of it now. And are they gonna be at Canjam ?
Last I checked, they were on the exhibitor list. What exactly they'll have with them is an open question, I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you were asking about the new cans, not Raal the company. Apologies for the misunderstanding...

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #39 of 63
(deleted)

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #40 of 63
Last I checked, they were on the exhibitor list. What exactly they'll have with them is an open question, I suppose.
They will have the current line, as well as the new circumaural headphone, and a new tube amp to drive them.

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #41 of 63
They will have the current line, as well as the new circumaural headphone, and a new tube amp to drive them.

I don't know why they havent sent Craal to Jude so he can include it in the Socal preview ?

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #42 of 63
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #44 of 63
For $2500 yeah why not with the way pricing at the top end is on the bitcoin curve. I'm going to do the same and I don't have an amp for it.

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #45 of 63
Wow! I'm curious about the appearance. Will the pads be rectangular like the Stax Lambda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back