CIEM with Etymotic house sound
Jun 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #31 of 36
Hey guys, just a little update on my hunt!
Managed to squeeze in some time to try out most of the ones that were mentioned in this thread.
Sadly QDC 4CS is out as it was too bassy for me and the mids are a small step back (preference for forward mids).

Fearless S6Pro was pretty neat with a nice flat sound signature. It had a much wider soundstage compared to my ER3SE and I think that was why notes sounded rather thin to me so that was out too.

The UERR had beautiful highs that extended well with no sibilance but it had a slight warmth to the overall sound so that was out too.

Tried a couple from the Hidition line up.
Firstly the NT1 which surprisingly is one of the ones that I’m considering at the moment. Impressive for a single BA setup and was probably the closest to the ER3SE out of the rest. It sounded more airy but the mids weren’t as forward as the ER3SE. Decided to try out the NT6, NTRM and the Viento.
The NT6 was analytical and had very forward mids similar to the ER3SE.
The NTRM was surprisingly coloured and not very reference-like despite being labelled as the Reference Monitor.
The Viento had 4 modes of tuning to it( A,B,C,D). A being the neutral setting which I did enjoy. Sounded like a more mature and refined version of the NT1.

Also checked out the Pears SH3 and the Lime Ears Model X but only had a couple of minites with them. I’m intending to head down again in the next couple of days when I do have more time to spare but currently I’d recommend the Hidition Viento over the Pears SH3 and the Lime Ears Model X.

With all that said (I hope I don’t bore anyone who’s reading this 😂), I’m leaning towards getting the Hidition NT1, getting a pair of custom sleeves for my ER3SE (and subsequently getting the ER4SR) or the Hidition Viento.
I’m not a sound engineer or someone who requires professional equipment so it’s hard to justify the jump from the NT1(SGD599) to the Viento (SGD1399) when they kinda sound the same to me.
I’ve used my iPod Touch Gen 1 and 2 with a LOD to my Fiio Q1 MkII for all my auditions with the iems listed above. Not the most refined DAP nor the best but just a simple setup that I do enjoy using.

Hello !

Thank you very much for all that.
This is very useful information !!

Hidition seems difficult to get in the EU. Wondering which one between custom Pears SH3 and the @Lime Ears Model X have the best isolation.
Pears SH3's shell is full and supposed to dim to -23dB. I read Lime Ears Model X are not full shells, there is no measurement about that but they are apparently very good too.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #32 of 36
Hello !

Thank you very much for all that.
This is very useful information !!

Hidition seems difficult to get in the EU. Wondering which one between custom Pears SH3 and the @Lime Ears Model X have the best isolation.
Pears SH3's shell is full and supposed to dim to -23dB. I read Lime Ears Model X are not full shells, there is no measurement about that but they are apparently very good too.
In general, if they are custom IEMs, with all BAs, and no venting, they will provide at least 26dB of isolation on average.

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #35 of 36
Guys I’ve just tried the Nocturnal Audio Atlantis and it is exactly what I am looking for at half the price of UERR 😂

4BA setup with really good clarity and precision. And it manages to retain the musicality aspect.
Glad you found something that works for you, for a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back