CIEM for ~$600
Jun 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 22
If you have little experience with really nice IEMs you won't be disappointed even with a 2 BA IEM. At your entry price, I don't think the RSM can be beat. It competes well with the heavy-hitters and down the road it can be upgraded with a copper cable.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 22
If you have little experience with really nice IEMs you won't be disappointed even with a 2 BA IEM. At your entry price, I don't think the RSM can be beat. It competes well with the heavy-hitters and down the road it can be upgraded with a copper cable.

I have no experience at all with IEMs, only full size headphones. I think I am going to go with the RSM suggestion, hopefully I will like them.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #18 of 22
It's one IEM that hits above itTs price point.  And again, if you get upgraditis a copper cable will improve things you didn't know could improve.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #19 of 22
It's one IEM that hits above itTs price point.  And again, if you get upgraditis a copper cable will improve things you didn't know could improve.

Okay awesome, will report back once I get my pair and listen. I don't know how much experience you have with full sized headphones but is there anything that IEMs do better?

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 22
Okay awesome, will report back once I get my pair and listen. I don't know how much experience you have with full sized headphones but is there anything that IEMs do better?

You're asking the wrong guy that question.  I stopped using full sized headphones 5 years ago due to convenience.  I am not articulate enough to describe the differences but I prefer the IEM delivery method of producing audio.  It's what I am used to.  

I can certainly understand why someone might prefer one over the other or, even better, have both depending on the day or one's mood.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #21 of 22
You're asking the wrong guy that question.  I stopped using full sized headphones 5 years ago due to convenience.  I am not articulate enough to describe the differences but I prefer the IEM delivery method of producing audio.  It's what I am used to.  

I can certainly understand why someone might prefer one over the other or, even better, have both depending on the day or one's mood.

Okay, no problem. I ordered the Alclair RSM's today and also got my molds for my ears. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround. I will post my impressions when I get the CIEMs. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back