Christmas Music! =)
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 31
Awesome lists as always! Do add the Loreena McKennitt album that was released this year, a great overhaul of the EP she released in 1995!

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #17 of 31
I normally do use the search feature, the same questions on the same topics all the time kinda irks me =/. I mostly just wanted to share my find =) Listening to it as I type =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one of my favorite thread topics, so I won't be a Grinch and say, "Use the search feature!"

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #18 of 31
The Residents - Santa Dog!

253770058_18524898c0_o.jpg

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #20 of 31
I just ordered the new Loreena McKennitt Christmas album, "A Midwinter Night's Dream," ("The Holly and the Ivy" is my favorite Christmas song...) and I really enjoyed James Taylor's Christmas album of two years ago, "James Taylor at Christmas."

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #21 of 31
Oh my- Loreena McKennitt did a Christmas album? I must check it out!

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #22 of 31
Holy ****!!! Loreena McKennitt's new album is amazing! She transports me to another time/place and puts me in a trance. Words can't describe how I feel when I listen to her.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy ****!!! Loreena McKennitt's new album is amazing! She transports me to another time/place and puts me in a trance. Words can't describe how I feel when I listen to her.

Yeah, I saw her in concert last year. I enjoyed the concert on many levels. I ordered the Christmas album, it should be waiting for me when I get home.

Dec 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #28 of 31
I'm a 'bah humbug' kind of guy when it comes to seasonal music, but Béla Fleck and the Flecktones' new album Jingle All the Way sounds really good from what I've heard on their myspace. If you like your Christmas music put in a blender, mutilated, and reconstituted with many extra musical appendages, this one is probably for you.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=64124159

Dec 8, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm already enjoying what will most definitely be my holiday soundtrack this season. Its a collection of female singer/songwriters from The Hotel Cafe, and they mostly sing Christmas classics. Some of the songs are original, and some are rearranged but I'm liking this album more and more every time I listen to it.

Any other recommendations for holiday music?

What is the album called? Or did you just compile songs by yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back