Christmas 2010 Triple Giveaway (game closed)
Nov 6, 2010 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 174

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
12/1 update: the game is over! Please see post #111 for the winners: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521504/christmas-2010-triple-giveaway-ath-m50-asgard-cds/105#post_7093092

12/1 update #2: There are also Rounds 2 and 3 to play for most of the people who entered! See post #113: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521504/christmas-2010-triple-giveaway-ath-m50-asgard-cds/105#post_7093138

12/6 update: Rounds 2 and 3 are over. Please see post #168 for the winners: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521504/christmas-2010-triple-giveaway-now-with-rounds-2-3/165#post_7104473

Back in December 2007, I did what I thought would be my last giveaway: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/270810/december-07-giveaway-three-way-for-christmas

Well here we are now and times change, and I've found myself compelled to do another giveaway - but this time, it really is the last one ever! And it's another Christmas-themed triple giveaway to go with the upcoming holiday season.
smile.gif

As the times have changed, so have the rules, which follow below.

Open To:
USA Head-Fiers only (must live in the USA) with: (1) a join date between Jan 2008 and October 2010 (inclusive), (2) a pre-existing post count of at least 25 as of the time of this thread's posting time/date (I'll be checking if I think I need to), and (3) a filled-out sig or profile listing any audio equipment owned. (Because everyone owns something - even those who are just starting out and think they have nothing, but they do have something - even if it's just a computer, iPod w/ stock earbuds, etc.) Also, Head-Fiers who own at least one audio component with a value of $5K or more will be summarily excluded from the list of entrants.

Not open to MOTs. People who do not meet these criteria will not be allowed to win.

How This Will Work & How To Enter:
Only qualified people (as described just above) may enter until midnight on November 30. Yup, the entire rest of the month!

This will operate like the classic "I'm thinking of a number - guess it" game: I'm thinking of 3 numbers between 1 and 2000. Guess just one of the numbers! Whoever gets the closest to each of the 3 numbers will win 1 of 3 prizes. What are they?

#1 - Audio-Technica ATH-M50. No I don't currently own one; I'll be ordering a new one from an authorized dealer, and I won't guarantee that it won't make a stop by me first so I can check it out and listen.
wink.gif

#2 - Schiit Asgard headphone amp. The one that I currently own, in Audiogon-scale 9/10 condition with all original materials - and as a bonus it'll also come with a pack of 4 small Bright Star IsoNode polymer feet (I didn't install the feet that Schiit Audio supplied and haven't yet installed the IsoNode feet either).
#3 - 3 audiophile CDs from ElusiveDisc.com: 1 CD of my choice, plus 2 Mobile Fidelity Gold CDs, Audio Fidelity Gold CDs, or Blue Note XRCDs (or any combo thereof) of your choice. CDs will be ordered new from ElusiveDisc and shipped directly to the winner.

You can specify which prize you want in your post, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be getting it if you're a winner. I reserve the right to shuffle prizes between winners based on any info or equipment that I see mentioned in your sig or profile.
evil_smiley.gif
(It might be helpful to make a 1st and 2nd request in fact, to make it easier to honor requests between 3 winners.)

To enter, here's an example of what to post:
1034 (number guess) - ElusiveDisc CDs

Winners will be contacted by PM on December 1 and given 24 hours to respond with their mailing address. If any one person does not respond within 24 hours, the next closest number will be the runner-up and given 24 hours to respond, and so forth.

Prizes will ship to arrive in time for Christmas. (Out of courtesy to your fellow Head-Fiers, please don't enter if you don't celebrate Christmas.)

Prizes are intended for the actual Head-Fier that is entering into this giveaway - not for passing on to other people (friends, family, etc). If this is your intention, please don't enter.

A running list of entries can be seen here (to help avoid duplicate entries and observe the current range): http://www.crystalsynth.net/ctg_2010.html

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 174
This is indeed a generous offer
smily_headphones1.gif

710 - schiit asgard headphone amp

edit: choice #2 : M50

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 174
Are you head-fi's second Santa Claus!? I thank you kindly for this amazingly generous behavior!

408 - Elusive CDs

EDITED to conform with your format.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #10 of 174
1414- Schiit Asgard 

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #11 of 174
1981 - Either the Asgard or the CDs. Thanks!

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #12 of 174
Wow this is really generous. Thanks for doing this for the community! I guess I'll join in on the fun as well.

1468- Asgard or CDs

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #14 of 174
I barely qualify, woohoo!

336 for Schiit., otherwise M50s. Thanks for the giveaway, even if I don't get anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back