Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!
Feb 22, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #31 of 57
Rage are reuniting, i cant beleive here anyone hasnt heard of this yet. Heres proof

mainPoster.jpg

Feb 22, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #32 of 57
This is just for a tour, live performances. No studio albums have been announced. Now I love RATM, such energy! But I highly doubt they will produce any studio albums, too good to be true.

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #33 of 57
But dont you think that it has something to do with why Chris Cornell really left Audioslave. I dont think it was his decision.

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just for a tour, live performances. No studio albums have been announced. Now I love RATM, such energy! But I highly doubt they will produce any studio albums, too good to be true.

This is not a tour...Its a one time show.

And I'm incredibly happy to say I'll be there. The second I heard about this I knew I was going. Me and my only other buddy with money spent the big bucks and are flying to cali to see this.

Going to be amazing to say the least.

Feb 24, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #36 of 57
Chris Cornell is one of my favorite singers, but, IMO, he was a shadow of his former self in Audioslave. He is so much better than what he displayed in Audioslave. Tom's wankery killed their first album, and I gave up after that. I hope Chris makes a solo album and sings like he did in the early 90's. I am also going to have to be in the minority (presumably) with EyeAmEye and pray that I never hear another RATM song ever again. I cannot stand them...

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
say what you want, Chris cornell was and will always be one of the greatest vocalists ever.

However mainstream the Audioslave songs might have been, you cannot judge the band based on "Be yourself" and "Like a Stone". Listen to the vocals on songs like 'Gasoline' and 'Show me how to live'. Chris cornell along with Eddie veder, are simply the best hard rock/grunge vocalists,just past their prime.

I loved audioslave for cornell, now that he is gone, even if audioslave continues with a different vocalist, I wont even bother to get their next CD. Now if RATM put out another cd, thats a different story altogether, the energy and style is totally different.

I certainly hope cornells solo effort is well produced to show his abilities as a versatile singer.

layne staley without a doubt is the best grunge vocalist but chris is second ,kurt and eddie are very good as well.audio slaves 1st album is the best for sure and something to be proud of.but just the same ratm's first was their best too,they fell down like most others do but were still really good.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is a supreme being up there in the sky, and he at all likes me in anyway conceivable, please, please, don't bring RATM back!

Amen Brother. Can't bloody stand them.

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #41 of 57
Yes, got the new album last week, still making up my mind about it but first impressions are generally favourable. It was never going to be an absolute classic though!

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by h-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, got the new album last week, still making up my mind about it but first impressions are generally favourable. It was never going to be an absolute classic though!

ok then i guess I"ll go give it a try
basshead.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #43 of 57
Almost unanimously, besides h-man apparently, I have heard absolutely terrible reviews on the new Cornell album. And I am not talking mixed reviews, or somewhat negative reviews, but a 'this is complete and utter trash' variety.

Havent given it a spin myself, but I did enjoy Euphoria Morning.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #44 of 57
Last I heard Morello wants to get back together. He still talks to Zack on the phone, and obviously is in contact with the rest of the band.

RATM is in my eyes easily one of the greatest bands of all time - top 10 for sure. I'm not sure if I think they should come back. Either way, if something did happen I'd be excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back