Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!
Feb 16, 2007 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

jilgiljongiljing

Headphoneus Supremus
I just read this
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

Chris Cornell, is leaving Audioslave due to "personal differences". Like we havent heard that before. He is releasing a new solo album, releasing this May called 'Carry On'

Audioslave has some terrific songs, and I liked a lot of songs on all three albums. They really went different directions with each and chris on vox was just terrific as always.

And Cornell's previous efforts like Euphoria Morning were very substandard. But this time he is teaming up with a big time producer, and experimenting different styles on one album. <fingers crossed>

Well anyways I am glad he didnt announce retirement and is launching another album...some consolation.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 57
I could care less about audioslave or Soundgarden. Not band bands... but nothing special. Now RATM, that's a great band and I do wish they'd get back together permantly.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 57
I read he's covering Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" on his new album.
blink.gif

No, that's not a joke.

I liked Audioslave. Wonder if RATM will re-form? But whatever happend to the vocalist, Zack? It can't be good. You don't just disappear like that. His solo album was rumoured for years and years, but nothing.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this the reason behind RAGE getting back together for that concert?

Dear g*d I hope so! Cornell is such a fruitcake compared to Zack! Bring back RATM!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read he's covering Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" on his new album.
blink.gif

No, that's not a joke.

HAhahah, oh my gosh, too funny. This will be quite interesting to hear.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 57
GOOD. Their self-titled album was good, then exile was decent, revelations sucked. I liked cornell with soundgarden much more, and RATM owns all.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cornell is awesome!! His best stuff from his soundgarden days blows anything that RATM has put out, and i love RATM.

I give him credit for Soundgarden, but what happened to him with Audioslave? Super-sappy!

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #12 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cornell is awesome!! His best stuff from his soundgarden days blows anything that RATM has put out, and i love RATM.

ratm was great but never did anything approaching "jesus christ pose" or "rusty cage".

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 57
Its hard to compare soundgarden and RATM as they are so different, but can anyone contest both being MUCH better than audioslave? They started out doin good but got "sappy" fast (well put). Maybe this goes into the personal dissagreements that cornell talked about. they just weren't meant to be...

now for a ratm reunion!!

Feb 17, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 57
I hated Audioslave pretty much from the moment I heard their first single for the first time. Just another pedestrian member among the legions of inconsequential modern pop-rock bands, in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back