Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!
Feb 17, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hated Audioslave pretty much from the moment I heard their first single for the first time. Just another pedestrian member among the legions of inconsequential modern pop-rock bands, in my eyes.

I could not have said that any better myself. I was one that was actually looking forward to Audioslave... before I heard them. I loved RATM and I REALLY LOVED Soundguarden. But Audioslave was poo in my eyes.

Looking forward to the bootlegs of RATM from Coachella 2007 since I can't go. But I seriously hope for a Soundguarden reunion.

Feb 17, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #17 of 57
Interesting because I never cared for Soundgarden and disliked RATM but really do like Audioslave.

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

I hated Audioslave pretty much from the moment I heard their first single for the first time. Just another pedestrian member among the legions of inconsequential modern pop-rock bands, in my eyes.

I don't really understand how you can say this seeing how similar thier self-titled album was to Rage. Exile and Revalations sucked, but audioslave was an extension of rage with good vocals by cornell and a little slower tempo.

Anyway, Id still have to take rage and soundgarden over audioslave so cornells decision could be gold

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #19 of 57
Quote:

Hate?
Thats a very strong word.

As for Audioslave, I dont like them either, but they did what they set out to do well; produce catchy, radio friendly rock songs to be easily consumed by the masses.
Like them or not, they were quite successful and ultimately produced very accessible music.

RATM and Soundgraden are bands that are on a whole other level.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #20 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...audioslave was an extension of rage with good vocals by cornell and a little slower tempo...

meh, cornell's vocals kills most of audioslaves's music for me, so to each his own I guess.

So YAY to cornell leaving audioslave!!! I'd have an eargasm if ratm got back together, but I'd be happy if audioslave got a singer that was tolerable enough I could listen to the rest of the band.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 57
so you guys must not have been following this one about "The Nightwatchmen"

http://www.sonybmg.com.au/news/detai...20030829004193

Tom's solo album is being printed right now- been performing for quite awhile- http://www.myspace.com/thenightwatchman

Zacks gig is a one shot-

fickle little men
confused.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #22 of 57
RATM is not getting back together, and Cornell leaving audioslave sucks because that means no more music from this band (my bet is they dont get a replacement singer). So yeah, I guess its the end of a ban I have always liked (I liked audioslave, and RATM). So now I have to find another band with a similar sound...

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could care less about audioslave or Soundgarden. Not band bands... but nothing special. Now RATM, that's a great band and I do wish they'd get back together permantly.

Just when I thought Chris leaving Audioslave was a good thing...
icon10.gif

If there is a supreme being up there in the sky, and he at all likes me in anyway conceivable, please, please, don't bring RATM back!

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #28 of 57
say what you want, Chris cornell was and will always be one of the greatest vocalists ever.

However mainstream the Audioslave songs might have been, you cannot judge the band based on "Be yourself" and "Like a Stone". Listen to the vocals on songs like 'Gasoline' and 'Show me how to live'. Chris cornell along with Eddie veder, are simply the best hard rock/grunge vocalists,just past their prime.

I loved audioslave for cornell, now that he is gone, even if audioslave continues with a different vocalist, I wont even bother to get their next CD. Now if RATM put out another cd, thats a different story altogether, the energy and style is totally different.

I certainly hope cornells solo effort is well produced to show his abilities as a versatile singer.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could care less about audioslave or Soundgarden. Not band bands... but nothing special. Now RATM, that's a great band and I do wish they'd get back together permantly.

Are you serious?

Soundgarden were one of the best bands of that whole "grunge" period. They had one of the finest singers rock has EVER heard (who was a decent lyricist, too), an awesome drummer (awesome enough to play on Geddy Lee's 1st solo album), and very good bassist and guitarist. More important than that, they wrote some pretty good songs.

Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are MUST HAVE albums. Their last album was dissapointing though.

Audioslave I didn't care for. Ratm were good but nothing special
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #30 of 57
I liked some of Audioslave's output, but I was hardly a fan of the band. I think Soundgarden and RATM both were superior to Audioslave, but Soundgarden had more overall better output than RATM, and so get my nod as best of the three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back