Chord Mojo vs Schiit Birfrost Multibit? Which one is better?
Dec 21, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 75
Up. No one actually answered the above question. What would you choose if you are only allowed these 2 options. I have Bifrost + Valhalla, should i get Mojo to replace them?

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 75
I'd get the new schist stack I think it will be more versatile and sound better. I also am philosophically opposed to integrated gear.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #21 of 75
I just received the Parasound Vdac 2. This dac is very impressive, my first impression was how the music is so so detail now. This is a different level then the modi 2. I can hear the little details and seperations that i never heard before. I only used it for about 2 hours. I tried the headphone amp and i like it better than the magni 2 uber. I think because of the great dac section  it makes the headphone amp section shine. I am glad I got this unit. Thank you all of you for your great advice!

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #22 of 75
  I just received the Parasound Vdac 2. This dac is very impressive, my first impression was how the music is so so detail now. This is a different level then the modi 2. I can hear the little details and seperations that i never heard before. I only used it for about 2 hours. I tried the headphone amp and i like it better than the magni 2 uber. I think because of the great dac section  it makes the headphone amp section shine. I am glad I got this unit. Thank you all of you for your great advice!

Glad you like it!  It seems like its amp is meant to be transparent to the sound of the DAC (Innerfidelity also suggested this).  I can't wait until I get mine.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #23 of 75
Excellent! I actually chose the Zdac,over the Bifrost Multi-bit.
Cheers

:beerchug:

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #24 of 75
Excellent! I actually chose the Zdac,over the Bifrost Multi-bit.
Cheers

beerchug.gif

What do you like better in Zdac over Bifrost Multi?

Also, can anybody answer OP's original question regarding Chord Mojo vs Schiit Birfrost Multibit? Very interested in the comparison too.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #25 of 75
The Zdac has better imaging, fuller sounding, and is more dimensional(layered) to my ears. The multibit , seemed to portray a sound field, out in front of you. The Zdac , puts you in the center of the sound field. Almost like you're standing in the middle of a music hologram. That's the best that I can explain it. Cheers

Also, can anybody answer OP's original question regarding Chord Mojo vs Schiit Birfrost Multibit? Very interested in the comparison too.

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #26 of 75
The Zdac has better imaging, fuller sounding, and is more dimensional(layered) to my ears. The multibit , seemed to portray a sound field, out in front of you. The Zdac , puts you in the center of the sound field. Almost like you're standing in the middle of a music hologram. That's the best that I can explain it. Cheers

Thanks so much for the description.
Seems like the Zdac has a more spacious soundstage. I wonder if it would make my LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor) sound less "closed-in" in comparison to the Bifrost I use.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #27 of 75
I would not expect too much when you are fighting an inherent characteristic of the headphones.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #29 of 75

+1

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #30 of 75
I want to know more about Chord mojo vs Bimby, and perhaps whether its worth going up to the audio-GD DAC-19 (10th anniversary) or a Parasound Zdac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back