Chord MOJO - Review
Mar 10, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #16 of 19
I really don’t mind the extra cables. I will also move the UpTone ISO REGEN to my main system with the MacBook pro. The mojo is really for my make shift system downstairs when I want to listen to digital music that I don‘t have on CDs.

I do plug the mojo charge cable into the MacBook Pro so that it can charge will playing. When I want to listen outside with my headphones I just disconnect the mojo and take on my travels. For source, I use the Shanling M0 with my music library on a 400G micro SD card.
Wow, very impressive setup. So you leave the battery in the Mojo even when powered by the LPS? I was thinking of getting the Chord Cutest for my stereo and keep the Mojo for the laptop. The silly thing is that the Cutest works best on USB connections (due to the "galvanized" feature that UpTone also has). But that's life, can't win 'em all I suppose....

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 19
Wow, very impressive setup. So you leave the battery in the Mojo even when powered by the LPS? I was thinking of getting the Chord Cutest for my stereo and keep the Mojo for the laptop. The silly thing is that the Cutest works best on USB connections (due to the "galvanized" feature that UpTone also has). But that's life, can't win 'em all I suppose....
I didn’t Know that you could remove the battery...lol. I will look and see if it’s possible for the REGEN could power the mojo. Thanks for the tip.

oh, I was going to buy the Qutest as well but ended up purchasing the Denfrips Ares II.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #18 of 19
I didn’t Know that you could remove the battery...lol. I will look and see if it’s possible for the REGEN could power the mojo. Thanks for the tip.

oh, I was going to buy the Qutest as well but ended up purchasing the Denfrips Ares II.
I really don’t mind the extra cables. I will also move the UpTone ISO REGEN to my main system with the MacBook pro. The mojo is really for my make shift system downstairs when I want to listen to digital music that I don‘t have on CDs.

I do plug the mojo charge cable into the MacBook Pro so that it can charge will playing. When I want to listen outside with my headphones I just disconnect the mojo and take on my travels. For source, I use the Shanling M0 with my music library on a 400G micro SD card.

Well this setup stopped meeting the wife acceptance factor so I had to purchase a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and stream my music from my NAS. I unfortunately had to sell the Mojo to help funds the purchase of the CA. Before the purchased I played around with the Sony PS3 and a Toslink cable but I kept getting dropouts and not all my music formats would work with the PS3. I upgraded the network switch and cables but I will most likely need to get an Ether REGEN later as I can sometimes get a touch of noise still.

The MacBook Pro with UpTone Audio ISO REGEN is being used in my upstairs system with the Denafrips Ares Ii.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 19
Well this setup stopped meeting the wife acceptance factor so I had to purchase a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and stream my music from my NAS. I unfortunately had to sell the Mojo to help funds the purchase of the CA. Before the purchased I played around with the Sony PS3 and a Toslink cable but I kept getting dropouts and not all my music formats would work with the PS3. I upgraded the network switch and cables but I will most likely need to get an Ether REGEN later as I can sometimes get a touch of noise still.

The MacBook Pro with UpTone Audio ISO REGEN is being used in my upstairs system with the Denafrips Ares Ii.
Actually, I haven't tried it myself - it was told me by one of Chord's authorized retailers that it works, but at a slight loss to audio quality. Anyway, what happened in my case was that replacing the battery didn't solve the problem, as the mother board was shot. So now I have both battery and circuitry replaced with brand new parts. The very strangest thing happened - the Mojo now sounds way, way far better than ever before! Can't really explain it.

I have tired of headphone listening and now use the Mojo as external DAC to an inexpensive Sony universal disc player (X1000) connected via Audioquest Forest optical cable. Simply cannot imagine any further improvement using another DAC unless silly money is involved (several thou dollars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back