Chord Mojo NEW for $422 USD from Amazon.uk. Here's how! (Not meant to be clickbait even though title. lol.)
Oct 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

svk7

100+ Head-Fier
As you can see from the screenshots, there is a bug in Amazon.uk that lets you get the Chord Mojo for £332.50 from £399, which is what it's listed for. I looked through all the new/used ones and there was nothing matching the £332.50 so I couldn't have selected a used one. Along with that, the case was listed for £64.99, but was also reduced to £54.16 at checkout for some reason.

If you were to purchase them from the US store, that would have been $599 + $100 – Amazon did not mark down the prices at checkout like it did on the uk site). I was able to get the pair for $200 less.

Just though I'd let you guys know in case anyone else was interested in getting a Mojo for themselves but didn't bite because of the $600 tag.

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 16
Chord prices tend to be cheaper in the UK than in the US. The DAVE is under $9,000 in the UK and over $13,000 in the US!

Crap! You mean I should have gotten the Dave instead!? :joy::joy::D

Jokes aside, though, do you have any idea as to why the Mojo and its case were reduced an additional £60 and £30, respectively, at checkout?

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 16
There is no bug. If you order on Amazon-UK from outside the EU, the UK-VAT is automatically deducted. Once the goods arrive at your country there will be import taxes and likely a customs handling fee by the shipping agent.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 16
I don't see $406 it is showing as 433.99 for me?

EDIT: I follow your logic now. I think it's flawed because you are applying the discount on the case to the price of the Mojo. If the Mojo is only $406 then the case shouldn't be $100.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 16
  I don't see $406 it is showing as 433.99 for me?

EDIT: I follow your logic now. I think it's flawed because you are applying the discount on the case to the price of the Mojo. If the Mojo is only $406 then the case shouldn't be $100.

Oh yeah, my mistake. I guess 399 BP + weird discount = 332.50 BP –> $422-ish USD.

But according to

There is no bug. If you order on Amazon-UK from outside the EU, the UK-VAT is automatically deducted. Once the goods arrive at your country there will be import taxes and likely a customs handling fee by the shipping agent.

It might tack on the 65 BP's once it goes through customs and that's why they do it that way. Either way, I don't really understand what's going on. Maybe it's best to buy it outside the UK on Amazon.UK and have a relative in the UK that can ship it to you in the US and just tell customs it's something you left behind as opposed to a gift. idk

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 16
Either way, I talked myself out of the Mojo for now and am sticking to my HA-2. Maybe if I can find a buyer for the HA-2 and get rid of some of my junk I'll have the extra cash to seriously consider it. But for now, the Mojo has been out for almost 2 years (if not more), and Chord might have better upgrades coming (like better form factor, iOS compatibility = MiFi, and better charging speed) that the HA-2 just does so much better than the Mojo.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 16
I bought the chord mojo and the case.
The mojo was 399.
With shipping, they were $182 cheaper than buying from Amazon.com. I pulled the trigger. :flushed:
Any idea what the import tax and customs fees might run? Never mind, I found a calculator that says it will be about $45. Still a savings.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #11 of 16

I bought the chord mojo and the case.
The mojo was 399.
With shipping, they were $182 cheaper than buying from Amazon.com. I pulled the trigger. :flushed:
Any idea what the import tax and customs fees might run? Never mind, I found a calculator that says it will be about $45. Still a savings.

What determines whether or not there will be import taxes / customs fees when importing to the US via the mail?

I've imported lots of music from Japan (and some from other countries too) and don't remember ever paying import taxes or customs fees.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #15 of 16
https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases
While I don’t live in the US, it works much the same over here. The only US duty calculator I found was this, where you get one free look-up, and then need to sign up for further look-ups. 

In my country the shipping agent (Fedex/DHL/UPS/et al.) will calculate and charge the import taxes/customs duties, in accordance with tax regulations, and on behalf of Customs Services. They will then either collect the amount upon delivery, or in some case forward the bill by regular mail later on. This bill will also include a their customs handling fee.

As mentioned, from the above link it appears to be like that in the US also. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back