Chord Mojo - in 2020?
May 28, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #16 of 67
Bloom Audio is currently running a sale on the Chord Mojo for around $385. Given the advances in portable audio since the Mojo was originally released, would any of you buy the Mojo today over what’s available now at a similar price? Really eager for your opinions on this! :dt880smile:
Also considering Mojo. Is the sale for open box? I see it’s $425 for open box on Bloom Audio rn.

May 28, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 67
Also considering Mojo. Is the sale for open box? I see it’s $425 for open box on Bloom Audio rn.
This was a sale that they were running a few months back. I paid something like $385 for mine, which I recognized was a steal so I jumped on it. Andrew, the owner of the shop, is a great guy, though, and you might reach out to him to see what he can do for you.

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #19 of 67
Just got my Mojo. When I checked the back of the mojo, I found some Chinese word which does not seem to be there when I look at others online. Does anyone know if this is legit or grey product? I purchase from the US.

Attachments

• A921B81C-E91B-4C91-B814-2CD7D015B901.jpeg
    A921B81C-E91B-4C91-B814-2CD7D015B901.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 67
Buy Chineese products, it will be genuine. :beyersmile:

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 67
I think one reason I decided to not go with the Chord Mojo is that I was looking for something more modern like with USB-C input. So I would love if the Chord Mojo 2 went that direction, like Woo Audio has done with the WA11.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #23 of 67
Just got my Mojo. When I checked the back of the mojo, I found some Chinese word which does not seem to be there when I look at others online. Does anyone know if this is legit or grey product? I purchase from the US.

I don't have that sticker and it looks suspicious to me. Mine's in English only.

Why don't you send a picture of it to Chord and ask...

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #24 of 67
I don't have that sticker and it looks suspicious to me. Mine's in English only.

I actually did. This is what they replied:
All recent production Mojos have an international style serial number label that means that they can be shipped to any country. This replaces the older system were there were EU, US and FE serial labels.

Jun 5, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #25 of 67
I actually did. This is what they replied:
All recent production Mojos have an international style serial number label that means that they can be shipped to any country. This replaces the older system were there were EU, US and FE serial labels.
That's what I would have guessed was going on. Also, I purchased mine from an authorized dealer (Bloom Audio) here in the States so I didn't think it could have been counterfeit or gray market.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #26 of 67
I have a mojo and I still LOVE mine. Has anyone ever figured out how to buy replacement batteries for it? Maybe even a battery upgrade?
I use it every single day between home and work for my IEMs

It sounds excellent and has plenty of power for the TinHifi P1, Fearless S8F, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Moondrop Sstarfields, Etymotic ER4XR etc
I think I'd buy a mojo2 if it had usb-c, I hope the Poly2 is much cheaper I still can't stomach that price

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #27 of 67
Look around, there have been a few posts here. My battery died last week after 3 years of off/on use and I'm just running it off the USB power from a minitower PC.

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 67
Mojo+Poly is the best $1500 CAD I have ever spent. Sold my AK240 fwiw.

My daily portable player. While also doubling up as my streamer and DAC for 2-channel desktop Hi-Fi.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #30 of 67
If the prices they fetch on well-know auction sites is a measure, then they are still very much relevant today :D

They're kinda future proof. The only problem is the battery eventually dies as in all portable gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back