Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 17, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #38,701 of 42,765
I have never taken mojo out of my house or place it in a hot area, so if it was exposed to high heat for a long time it could only be the heat that mojo generates. Battery was swollen and operational so those internal contacts in the battery did not detached. Yes I was careful removing the battery, I even got some latex gloves as I noticed the battery was oily, no visible spills, just felt oily. I'm no stranger handling electronics/computers/lenses, I even grounded my self so no static discharge would happen to the electronics, so unplugging the battery connector was very simple and yes I'm not thinking about putting it back. But if you read my second post you'll find out that the problem is really not the removal of the battery, it has more to do with the damage the battery did to the pcb board due to the excessive down pressure applied to the circuit board. I cant be 100% sure but like I said I have some experience with electronics and I have seen this problem several times in motherboards, so I can tell the mojo pcb board has been microfractured as the battery was pressing really hard on it, you can tell this because using a latex glove I can apply similar pressure with my fingers to the board and then the mojo works as it should, no more loud pops or static backgroung noise, as soon as I take my finger off the problem reappears. Unless such pressure is required by design I can't think of any other reason I'm having this issue. Please advise! and thank you for replying.
Okay so your able to take the battery out it could be anything up to three years old.
Can you remove it and dispose of it safely in a battery recycling bin. Then return the mojo without its battery to your dealer or to your regional Chord distributor or if you can’t do that you may PM me with your Detailed address and send the mojo without battery directly to me at Chord Electronics in The U.K. where are you based?

May 17, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #38,702 of 42,765
Okay so your able to take the battery out it could be anything up to three years old.
Can you remove it and dispose of it safely in a battery recycling bin. Then return the mojo without its battery to your dealer or to your regional Chord distributor or if you can’t do that you may PM me with your Detailed address and send the mojo without battery directly to me at Chord Electronics in The U.K. where are you based?
Thanks John. Hopefully everything can get sorted out smoothly now.

May 17, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #38,703 of 42,765
Got me worried now. I mostly used my second Mojo on battery only. (Only the very rarest charge and play for short periods of time. Like tiny top ups when battery was getting low, but I was still using it.)

Am thinking maybe I should open the case to check if the battery is OK. My Mojo is out of Amazon two year warranty now. What is Chord warranty with Mojo, does anyone know please, just off hand?

EDIT: Just googled. Twelve month warranty. Found that in the manual.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #38,704 of 42,765
Got me worried now. I mostly used my second Mojo on battery only. (Only the very rarest charge and play for short periods of time. Like tiny top ups when battery was getting low, but I was still using it.)

Am thinking maybe I should open the case to check if the battery is OK. My Mojo is out of Amazon two year warranty now. What is Chord warranty with Mojo, does anyone know please, just off hand?

EDIT: Just googled. Twelve month warranty. Found that in the manual.

It won't hurt to open it up and have a look. Don't pull it apart too aggressively though the battery wire is short.

May 21, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #38,707 of 42,765
Im sure that I read somewhere on here that the Mojo designer said that it does not need it.
It does make a noticable difference to me, making the Mojo a bit more analogue/natural and smoother sounding.

I've come to realize that the Mojo's sound is very easily downgraded by additional parasitic noises (atleast through USB, haven't and can't test it out on optical). The Mojo as I have it now with 2 Jitterbugs, a shielded USB cable and that isolator, is way more full bodied, natural, smoother with a lot more bass impact/tightness as to the Mojo with the stock USB cable plugged in directly to my laptops USB out.

May 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #38,708 of 42,765
I use oneJitterbug and just replaced
the stock cable with the Curious Hugo
Link and now realize the stock cable inhibited Mojo’s sound quite a lot - the
cable upgrade was a revelation, enormous
improvement - has to be heard to be appreciated.

Like replacing a good sounding mid-fi DAP
with a TOTL one.

...the stock cable is good for charging, but for
best sound use something better!

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #38,710 of 42,765
Jun 3, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #38,711 of 42,765
Aeon closed is what I use myself for flights - I am sat in a lounge now in SFO looking forward to listening with Hugo 2 and my Aeons. Great headphones with extremely good perception of depth and pinpoint lateral imagery. I have not heard the open version. Aeon's work extremely well with both Mojo and Hugo 2, but allow you to easily hear Hugo 2's improvements.
Rob,
Did you ever try the Aeon Flow open?
After reading you recommend the Flow closed for so long, I finally bought a pair and am gradually burning them in, using both the Mojo and Hugo 2.
I am deliberately not using any other headphones during this burning in stage, and generally do like their precision, but I am sensing they lack some of the brightness that I am used to with Beyer Tesla drivers.
I am also sensing that the Flow closed have a very enjoyable synergy with the Mojo, maybe even better than the Hugo 2, but it is still early days with the burn in.
Possibly the biggest downside could be that they do make my ears sweat, so I have wondered if the Flow open could be a better solution for Summer.

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #38,712 of 42,765
No I haven't tried the Aeon open; last year I spent 400 hours flying, so closed headphones are a must for me. I haven't had any sweat issues, and happily use the Aeons for 8 hours at a stretch without any comfort issues. They, together with Hugo 2 and M scaler, have transformed flying from a necessary chore to a delight.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #38,713 of 42,765
Since my Mojo battery died i replaced internal battery with... one green same supercapacitor as in Hugo TT2. (as this woids warranty and total operation please do it on your own risk). Now Mojo has same power design as Hugo TT2. This is the cleanest and responsive possible power supply. As for capacity it last 7-9 seconds without power supply.
Now My mojo needs around 20seconds to charge so i can switch on and leaving plugged it operates at all output levels pretty well.
I have paired my mojo with Anker 10000mah. Now anker charges supercap and together they last 18h with one full charge.

Difference? TOTAL SILENCE in background no hiss from charging as it was before. Low level listening makes me smile again on CD tracks. Bass depth slightly better, details come slightly forward and even more softer trebles. This is only my own impression.

I hope that Mojo 2 in the future will have a swtich tu operate on battery for portable use, but for desktop a switch to use energy from supercapacitor (they are relatively small and can fit easily) for best desktop performance. Step forward on design against others - succesful story. As Mojo. Let Mojo 2 it happen and it will be known across the world.

Thanks Chord :)
@Rob Watts, And if it will be considered seriously - beer on yours, cheers :)

upload_2019-6-4_7-58-14.png

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #38,714 of 42,765
Since my Mojo battery died i replaced internal battery with... one green same supercapacitor as in Hugo TT2. (as this woids warranty and total operation please do it on your own risk). Now Mojo has same power design as Hugo TT2. This is the cleanest and responsive possible power supply. As for capacity it last 7-9 seconds without power supply.
Now My mojo needs around 20seconds to charge so i can switch on and leaving plugged it operates at all output levels pretty well.
I have paired my mojo with Anker 10000mah. Now anker charges supercap and together they last 18h with one full charge.

Difference? TOTAL SILENCE in background no hiss from charging as it was before. Low level listening makes me smile again on CD tracks. Bass depth slightly better, details come slightly forward and even more softer trebles. This is only my own impression.

I hope that Mojo 2 in the future will have a swtich tu operate on battery for portable use, but for desktop a switch to use energy from supercapacitor (they are relatively small and can fit easily) for best desktop performance. Step forward on design against others - succesful story. As Mojo. Let Mojo 2 it happen and it will be known across the world.

Thanks Chord :)
#Rob Watts, And if it will be considered seriously - beer on yours, cheers :)

Hahaha! Class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back