Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #41,176 of 42,782
Is there any problem with leaving Mojo unused for a few weeks? Doesn't it hurt the battery?
Most of the feedback about batteries, mentions that leaving batteries at 100% charge or 0% charge for a long time, reduces the battery life.
So it seems to be best practice to try and keep the Mojo battery within the limits '20% to 80%' of charge.
Yes this does require that owners 'plan their charging cycles' to maximise the battery life - maybe not a big inconvenience for many owners. :relaxed:

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #41,177 of 42,782
Is there any problem with leaving Mojo unused for a few weeks? Doesn't it hurt the battery?

I think it can vary from unit to unit, the rate of discharge. I last charged mine sometime in early January and last evening I used it and the battery indicator was still green.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #41,180 of 42,782
That much? I read somewhere that a full charge takes about 6 months to discharge when unused but tbh I haven’t tested it myself.
I have one of mine stacked to a AK70, I don’t use it daily or sometimes for weeks at a time as I have other players plus the Mojo/Poly combination, used briefly about six weeks ago turned it on this week and the Mojo battery was dead, it’s about two years old.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #41,182 of 42,782
Could be, I’ve only had mine just over a month so I don’t have practical experience with mojo battery life, just what I have read about it and generic experience/knowledge of batteries.

Have mine since October 2019. Used it almost daily until March 2020. Now I don't use it for weeks and it keeps its charge quite well.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #41,183 of 42,782
Most of the feedback about batteries, mentions that leaving batteries at 100% charge or 0% charge for a long time, reduces the battery life.
So it seems to be best practice to try and keep the Mojo battery within the limits '20% to 80%' of charge.
Yes this does require that owners 'plan their charging cycles' to maximise the battery life - maybe not a big inconvenience for many owners. :relaxed:
Credit to Mr. Watts, he is aware of this phenomena, so Mojo charges to 90% of battery's capacity (8.2 volts instead of 8.4 volts max.) to make sure the batteries last.
As true as the above statement is, I just thought I mention it, so people don't assume that full charge in Mojo's terms means depreciation on the battery.
Mojo cuts out charging at 90% of theoretical capacity of the batteries - feel free to let Mojo decide.
The older the batteries, the more charge they loose in standby - just like your phone or laptop.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #41,184 of 42,782
Credit to Mr. Watts, he is aware of this phenomena, so Mojo charges to 90% of battery's capacity (8.2 volts instead of 8.4 volts max.) to make sure the batteries last.
As true as the above statement is, I just thought I mention it, so people don't assume that full charge in Mojo's terms means depreciation on the battery.
Mojo cuts out charging at 90% of theoretical capacity of the batteries - feel free to let Mojo decide.
The older the batteries, the more charge they loose in standby - just like your phone or
Deleted.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #41,185 of 42,782
That much? I read somewhere that a full charge takes about 6 months to discharge when unused but tbh I haven’t tested it myself.
Yes. Mine is 1.5 years old. I use it 10 hours per week average. But there were months in summer when not used it at all. So...battery is still OK. As new would lose less.

As new i was getting 8h and 14min through the USB input. Coaxial was around 9h and 40min.

Now after almost 2 years is 7h 30min through USB and coaxial is 8h 52-3min.

That is with volume levels green colour balls.

For someone that reads and have not noticed this (and have the possibility to do so), using the coaxial input of Mojo will give you average 90-100min more play time. If you need it to work more and can't charge it.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #41,188 of 42,782
I've received two Mojos in a row (from Amazon) that were fully discharged upon arrival. I imagine they've been sitting on the shelf for a while. Anyway, neither of them will charge. I've tried 5 different USB chargers, several different USB A to Micro USB cables and get the same results. Here's what I've observed.
  • While off, the power LED / Charge indicator does not light up. I've left each connected to power for 24-48 hours with no luck and no charging
  • While connected to power, I can turn each on and the power LED / Charge indicator flashes red 2-3 times before turning solid white
  • I can use each while connected to power, no problem
  • If I turn them off while still connected to power, the power LED / Charge indicator turns off and will not turn back on unless the unit is powered back on
  • If I disconnect power after having been powered on and connected to power for several hours, each turn off immediately indicating they have 0 charge
I figured the first unit was simply faulty but it seems unlikely to receive two units in a row with the same defect. I'll also add that I can charge my Poly from the same USB chargers/cables with no issue. Is this a known behavior and if so, how can I get these Mojos to charge?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #41,189 of 42,782
I've received two Mojos in a row (from Amazon) that were fully discharged upon arrival. I imagine they've been sitting on the shelf for a while. Anyway, neither of them will charge. I've tried 5 different USB chargers, several different USB A to Micro USB cables and get the same results. Here's what I've observed.
  • While off, the power LED / Charge indicator does not light up. I've left each connected to power for 24-48 hours with no luck and no charging
  • While connected to power, I can turn each on and the power LED / Charge indicator flashes red 2-3 times before turning solid white
  • I can use each while connected to power, no problem
  • If I turn them off while still connected to power, the power LED / Charge indicator turns off and will not turn back on unless the unit is powered back on
  • If I disconnect power after having been powered on and connected to power for several hours, each turn off immediately indicating they have 0 charge
I figured the first unit was simply faulty but it seems unlikely to receive two units in a row with the same defect. I'll also add that I can charge my Poly from the same USB chargers/cables with no issue. Is this a known behavior and if so, how can I get these Mojos to charge?
This is going to sound really dumb, which usb input are you using to charge, the left or the right input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back