Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #38,971 of 42,765
Thanks for this!! So, with my iPhone, would I only need a cable like this?:

Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VGHG0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BCCpDbE7KQH81

I’ve heard others say they prefer Coax to USB - is there a way to connect coax to iPhone?

Also, using my iPhone as a tidal player... I presume I won’t need to install anything extra to stream through since it’s not Android?

Thank you so much!
Or JUST this cable, no CCK MeloAudio 90 Degreee Right Angle DAC AMP HiFi OTG Cable to Micro USB Compatible with iOS Devices,PHA-1, PHA-2, PHA-3, Chord Electronics Mojo, Hugo 6 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM3V2KT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_9HCpDb5BWKG43

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #38,973 of 42,765
Oh perfect, thank you thank you!!
Granted, I don't know if you're stacking, but a case and 3m dual lock works great

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #38,974 of 42,765

Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VGHG0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BCCpDbE7KQH81

I’ve heard others say they prefer Coax to USB - is there a way to connect coax to iPhone?

Also, using my iPhone as a tidal player... I presume I won’t need to install anything extra to stream through since it’s not Android?

Thank you so much!

Don't forget about the iPod touch. Smaller and thinner than an iPhone. It doesn't have all the extra cellular/GPS and other bits you don't need. And, in a pinch, still has an audio jack.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #38,975 of 42,765

Thank you so much!
No coax from iPhone. You get 16/44, and 24/96 for the Masters files. That will work, or a lightning to micro USB cable if you plan to stack

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #38,976 of 42,765
Question, please.

If I supposedly purchased a Japanese 70's FM Tuner like a Pioneer/Marantz/Kenwood

Could I connect its RCA output to a Mojo coax input? Would the signal be compatible and/or strong enough?

Lastly, does a cable exist?

Cheers

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #38,977 of 42,765
Question, please.

If I supposedly purchased a Japanese 70's FM Tuner like a Pioneer/Marantz/Kenwood

Could I connect its RCA output to a Mojo coax input? Would the signal be compatible and/or strong enough?

Cheers
The Mojo coax input is digital, so if you are referring to a tuner analogue output RCA socket, the answer is no.
If you are referring to a tuner digital output RCA socket, then @Rob Watts is the best person to advise, because your tuner will predate the SPDIF standard, which the Mojo uses.
If instead you bought a 80's FM tuner with optical output, then you should be ok to connect it to the Mojo optical input.
Hope this helps.

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #38,978 of 42,765
Question, please.

Cheers

RCA out is analogue. All inputs to Mojo are digital. ………. No you can't.

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #38,979 of 42,765
Excellent. Thanks for the quick response regarding my question.

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #38,982 of 42,765
My Mojo has develop some not so low level static noise. Does anyone know a fix or the component responsible for the constant static noise. I think I remember reading that this was a problem. It sounds like maybe a transistor to me. This is my 2nd mojo in two years so I am not wasting any money on it besides buying a component to fix it. I'm done. I don't mind de-soldering a bad SMD component. My O scope is acting up otherwise I would try and find whats wrong. I love this DAC, but it has been unreliable for me so I'm not willing to invest much more into it.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #38,983 of 42,765
My Mojo has develop some not so low level static noise. Does anyone know a fix or the component responsible for the constant static noise. I think I remember reading that this was a problem. It sounds like maybe a transistor to me. This is my 2nd mojo in two years so I am not wasting any money on it besides buying a component to fix it. I'm done. I don't mind de-soldering a bad SMD component. My O scope is acting up otherwise I would try and find whats wrong. I love this DAC, but it has been unreliable for me so I'm not willing to invest much more into it.
Maybe an output capacitor has failed. @Rob Watts any thoughts?

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #38,984 of 42,765
bad mojo.jpg

I figured out kinda what was wrong. The battery swelled and appears to have damaged something on the board (will dispose of the battery properly). Chord already graciously replaced my first Mojo (same problem). I am going to call this a loss and move onto something else. I don't think the Mojo battery could handle being a dedicated computer DAC. I did not have the money for the Hugo so I attempted to make the Mojo my dedicated DAC. I don't think the battery could take it.

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #38,985 of 42,765
My condolences.

I love Chord but feel the desktop solution at the $1k mark or below is missing in the lineup.

I found an open box RME ADI-2 DAC a few weeks ago at a good enough price to try and it's an immense upgrade to a Mojo or Hugo 1, as much as I've enjoyed the Mojo and Hugo 1 it's a "hearing your music for the first time again" kind of detail difference. I'll just stick to the RME for a few years and see if Chord wants to compete in the reasonably priced desktop category. I'm sure the Qutest and a good HPA is at the same level and possibly better, but that's too many boxes and too much money just to get rid of the battery power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back