Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #33,542 of 42,765
How low are you seeing and where?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B016W1X94O/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B016W1X94O/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Those are the Japanese prices I was referring to, which in turn are now affecting the Head-Fi classifieds more. At least I'm assuming that's why two have been listed for $330 and $350. (No one in their right mind would pay $529 for a new Mojo from the US and sell it for that low.)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #33,543 of 42,765
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B016W1X94O/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B016W1X94O/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Those are the Japanese prices I was referring to, which in turn are now affecting the Head-Fi classifieds more. At least I'm assuming that's why two have been listed for $330 and $350. (No one in their right mind would pay $529 for a new Mojo from the US and sell it for that low.)

Ah, ok. I saw similar prices. I thought something changed further. 300 - 350 is pretty fair IMO.

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #33,545 of 42,765
$300 is not fair for a $529 DAC/amp! It's screwing over the people who did not buy from Japan. I was disgruntled enough selling it for $400.
It always surprises me how high the resale price of gear is. Not just on HeadFi but also eBay. Didn't there used to be a rule of thumb that second hand was 50% of the original price?

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #33,546 of 42,765
It always surprises me how high the resale price of gear is. Not just on HeadFi but also eBay. Didn't there used to be a rule of thumb that second hand was 50% of the original price?

Selling something that is practically the same as new for half price is just ridiculous. People shouldn't have to lose much at all selling gear they paid their hard-earned money for.

Aug 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #33,548 of 42,765
Sorry to change back to previous subject, but is the consensus now that Mojo to something like the Behringer UCA202 via toslink optical really is noticeably better than say, using the Audioquest jitterbug to a good USB cable?

I've been over this issue regarding other DACs and there seem to be a lot of computer people who think well-implemented USB is better than optical for most new DACs.

Aug 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #33,549 of 42,765
Sorry to change back to previous subject, but is the consensus now that Mojo to something like the Behringer UCA202 via toslink optical really is noticeably better than say, using the Audioquest jitterbug to a good USB cable?

I've been over this issue regarding other DACs and there seem to be a lot of computer people who think well-implemented USB is better than optical for most new DACs.

I have not used the AudioQuest JitterBug, but I did use the Schiit Wyrd (a similar USB power isolator), and as you know, I have used the Behringer UCA202 to output TOSLINK to the Mojo. What I can tell you is that the Wyrd improved the sound slightly, and I got the feeling that TOSLINK sounded slightly more natural than that...but it was never a major difference. In fact, switching between the Mojo and UCA202 in DAC mode via USB and the Schiit SYS passive preamp (making sure to volume-match), there was no audible difference with many tracks. All this stuff is far more subtle than the differences between transducers. Since the UCA202 is only thirty bucks and TOSLINK is regarded as the best input for the Mojo, it's an easy thing to try for yourself.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #33,550 of 42,765

Maybe the yen has dropped in value, and it's affecting the prices? Anyway, the price drop won't affect the prices in EU, as we have to pay for shipping + VAT on top of the price.

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #33,551 of 42,765
Just want to give a shout out to Tom @ChordElectronics for helping me out with my Mojo.
Long story short I purchased my Mojo used and have been leaving it plugged in and using it as a fulltime desktop DAC,which isnt the suggested use.The past few weeks my Mojo has been shutting down frequently,having degraded SQ and distortion from one of the line-outs.

After exchanging emails they discovered my Mojo is under warranty and even though I bought it second hand and not using it in the suggested manner will be fixing my Mojo free of charge.

Its refreshing to know that some companies stand behind their products and go above and beyond the call of duty to help their customers.

Thank you Chord!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #33,552 of 42,765
Just want to give a shout out to Tom @ChordElectronics for helping me out with my Mojo.
Long story short I purchased my Mojo used and have been leaving it plugged in and using it as a fulltime desktop DAC,which isnt the suggested use.The past few weeks my Mojo has been shutting down frequently,having degraded SQ and distortion from one of the line-outs.

After exchanging emails they discovered my Mojo is under warranty and even though I bought it second hand and not using it in the suggested manner will be fixing my Mojo free of charge.

Its refreshing to know that some companies stand behind their products and go above and beyond the call of duty to help their customers.

Thank you Chord!
+1 for outstanding customer service of Chord

Does this mean we shouldn't use Mojo as desktop DAC anymore?

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #33,553 of 42,765
+1 for outstanding customer service of Chord

Does this mean we shouldn't use Mojo as desktop DAC anymore?

Maybe just don't leave it plugged in, charging, all the time.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #33,554 of 42,765
Mojo doing awesome job driving speakers too. :beerchug:

K28vjOG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back