Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 24, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #7,531 of 42,765
Listening to Billie Jean DSD on Mojo, beautifully rendered throughout FX1100.. sounds so good.
But I still prefer the spacious sound from ZX2,
Both are tremendous devices 
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #7,535 of 42,765
Dec 24, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #7,536 of 42,765
Now that I've complained about the noise floor, let me issue some positives. First, the floor is still below that in most acoustic recordings. It's not that bad. Second, I've got a decent parametric EQ curve created for use with a resistor adapter. It's worth the trouble, because this thing crushes what every other portable I've heard can do. And yes, the amp does wonders with my LCD2s.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #7,537 of 42,765
Now that I've complained about the noise floor, let me issue some positives. First, the floor is still below that in most acoustic recordings. It's not that bad. Second, I've got a decent parametric EQ curve created for use with a resistor adapter. It's worth the trouble, because this thing crushes what every other portable I've heard can do. And yes, the amp does wonders with my LCD2s.

Interesting.. mine is dead silent.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #7,538 of 42,765
  Interesting.. mine is dead silent.

There's no such thing as dead silence. A noise floor can be below the ability of a headphone or earphone to pick it up. A properly running Mojo's noise floor is very low, but not dead silent. I can hear it through Ultrasone IQ, but only just. It is slightly higher than an AK380. Nevertheless, it is the best item of its type out there. Phenomenal.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #7,540 of 42,765

There's no such thing as dead silence. A noise floor can be below the ability of a headphone or earphone to pick it up. A properly running Mojo's noise floor is very low, but not dead silent. I can hear it through Ultrasone IQ, but only just. It is slightly higher than an AK380. Nevertheless, it is the best item of its type out there. Phenomenal.

OH REALLY?
Thats the kind of comment that really bothers me, and its totally useless to the community. Oh, I remember you are the guy that trashed ZX2 only because its measures "bad" on your RMAA measurements  LOL.
Awesome, next time I will try it on my dog or crank the volume till I get deaf so it can not be dead silent.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #7,542 of 42,765
Hi all

I just feel I've made a wrong decision. I should have gone to HDVD 800 had I liked so much of now "my" HD800. Now with having Majo I feel so lost. lol I think it makes sense that it would nake a difference on driving this sensitive headphone supported by sufficient power, not that I'm saying Mojo is 'inferior' to any another high performing amps. If I use Mojo as a DAC only (if possible) what amps would drive the full potential of HD 800? I've researched around and W5 by woo audio or HP V1 / Cypher labs picollo / ray samuels pop admist some reviews.

My question : using Mojo has a DAC, what portable/desk amp under 1000$ would you recommend to pair up with HD 800. (My 99% of listening is on classical symphonies)

I just feel this all started because of my tight budget while no compromise on HD800. :frowning2: I'm posting this thread with confidence though since I feel there r people out there who are budget-constrained but need to find the ways to find " the sound" :)

Cheers and Merry Christmas! ☃:christmas_tree:

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #7,543 of 42,765
Does the cable work with iPhone 6 and mojo?

I don't know. The supplier sells it with the claim that it replaces the Apple CCK and works with the 4-5-6 and 6s.

No cck adapter is needed, only good music :) The cable supports all ios including latest ios9.2.

I should receive mine between Jan. 6-16.  He mails them from Latvia.  

I'll post when I get it.  Maybe someone else here has tried it.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #7,544 of 42,765
OH REALLY?
Thats the kind of comment that really bothers me, and its totally useless to the community. Oh, I remember you are the guy that trashed ZX2 only because its measures "bad" on your RMAA measurements  LOL.
Awesome, next time I will try it on my dog or crank the volume till I get deaf so it can not be dead silent.

I could not disagree more. Emperical measurements are vital and far more reliable than most people's subjective opinions. Further, Shigzeo is clear both on his comment you are referencing and his review on his website that he believes the Mojo is a wonderful device. I, for one, appreciate the effort Shigzeo puts into his measurements and analysis for which we all benefit. Thank you Shigzeo.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #7,545 of 42,765
I don't know. The supplier sells it with the claim that it replaces the Apple CCK and works with the 4-5-6 and 6s.

[COLOR=0000C2]No cck adapter is needed, only good music :) The cable supports all ios including latest [COLOR=420178]ios9.2[/COLOR].[/COLOR]
[tr] [/tr]

I should receive mine between Jan. 6-16.  He mails them from Latvia.  

I'll post when I get it.  Maybe someone else here has tried it.

Konstantin at Lavricable makes a great product. I have used it for almost 2 months with my Mojo and iPod Touch without any problems. It worked with iOS 9.1 and now with 9.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back