Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #5,536 of 42,765

Only if the Mojo hasn't been used for a long time and the battery is very discharged, which new, it is not. It should only require a few hours of charge before the light below the USB on the Mojo goes out. That is all the charge it needs. I just use and charge with a 2 amp and it does fine even when new. 

Thanks for the quick reply using it now

listening to billie jean now and all i feel is just pure bliss

hot damn this thing is flippin amazing!

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #5,540 of 42,765
Interesting. I don't get any "latent" hiss on Shure SE846s. If there's hiss on the recording it certainly comes through, but I don't hear any otherwise. 

Same. No hiss at all with my SE846's. Did with the Oppo HA-2 and very slight with the Sony ZX2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5,542 of 42,765
I hear hiss with my Cosmic ear CE6p. I never heard hiss with the same in ears with ibasso DX90.

It could be some RFI getting into the feedback loop, if one is used. Some cables cause problems. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #5,545 of 42,765
I tryed it without any device or cable attached. The hiss is there even then. Its not very loud, but I can hear it clearly.

The cable to your IEM's, not a cable going into the Mojo. The cable for your IEM's can act as an antenna. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #5,546 of 42,765
Same. No hiss at all with my SE846's. Did with the Oppo HA-2 and very slight with the Sony ZX2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I get hiss on my SE846s with the Mojo (and on an RSA Intruder on low-gain, and an ALO Int+ OE on low gain).  On the Mojo and ALO the hiss is not volume-dependent, on the RSA it is.

Someone suggested that, since no one else seemed to have reported any hiss on the RSA or the Mojo, it was the headphone cable causing it (acting as an antenna).

So, since I had an easy week, I took my portable gear into one of our labs to test it a bit further.  The lab in question deals with state-of-the-art satellite and radio communications and is equipped with a chamber that is electrically silent.  No signals get in or out.  Any electrical or RF noise in that chamber can only come from what's taken inside it.

I got exactly the same hiss results with my gear in that chamber as I did sitting outside it, or sitting in my living room.  So if my cables are the issue, they're picking up noise from the electronics being tested, i.e. the amplifiers (since this hiss occurs regardless of whether there is anything else present or connected).

Now, to be sure, on the Mojo the hiss is incredibly quiet.  So quiet that in a brief quite patch in music it might not even register, but it's definitely there.  Oddly enough, sometimes, the hiss would be louder than others (this seems to be new thing, as of mid-week) - and in those cases touching either of the volume buttons would quiet it back down again.

The hiss is completely inaudible with any of my non-IEM headphones.

I don't view what I am hearing as a problem.  It doesn't intrude on the music.  With the Mojo it's the lowest level of hiss I've heard on the SE846 from a portable DAC/amplifier.  But I know I'm not hearing things and now I know it's not the headphone cable acting as an antenna (unless the sources themselves are the source of any radiated noise).

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #5,547 of 42,765
The cable to your IEM's, not a cable going into the Mojo. The cable for your IEM's can act as an antenna. 

Ok, Good to know. I will have that in mind when I test. Could it be that Mojo is more sensetive for that then Ibasso DX90? Because I never heard any hiss with the same circumstances on Ibasso.

The hiss is not yhat much problem that I dont want to use Mojo. But it is nice when it is silence between tracks.

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #5,548 of 42,765
Ok, Good to know. I will have that in mind when I test. Could it be that Mojo is more sensetive for that then Ibasso DX90? Because I never heard any hiss with the same circumstances on Ibasso.

The hiss is not yhat much problem that I dont want to use Mojo. But it is nice when it is silence between tracks.

I don't know the topology of the output from the dac section of the Mojo. Some amp section can be more sensitive than others, it just depends upon how well it can deal with RFI induced from some cables. Listen with the music on pause to the hiss. Then take your fingers and hold the cable and see if the hiss decreases or goes away. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #5,549 of 42,765
I get hiss on my SE846s with the Mojo (and on an RSA Intruder on low-gain, and an ALO Int+ OE on low gain).  On the Mojo and ALO the hiss is not volume-dependent, on the RSA it is.

Someone suggested that, since no one else seemed to have reported any hiss on the RSA or the Mojo, it was the headphone cable causing it (acting as an antenna).

So, since I had an easy week, I took my portable gear into one of our labs to test it a bit further.  The lab in question deals with state-of-the-art satellite and radio communications and is equipped with a chamber that is electrically silent.  No signals get in or out.  Any electrical or RF noise in that chamber can only come from what's taken inside it.

I got exactly the same hiss results with my gear in that chamber as I did sitting outside it, or sitting in my living room.  So if my cables are the issue, they're picking up noise from the electronics being tested, i.e. the amplifiers (since this hiss occurs regardless of whether there is anything else present or connected).

Now, to be sure, on the Mojo the hiss is incredibly quiet.  So quiet that in a brief quite patch in music it might not even register, but it's definitely there.  Oddly enough, sometimes, the hiss would be louder than others (this seems to be new thing, as of mid-week) - and in those cases touching either of the volume buttons would quiet it back down again.

The hiss is completely inaudible with any of my non-IEM headphones.

I don't view what I am hearing as a problem.  It doesn't intrude on the music.  With the Mojo it's the lowest level of hiss I've heard on the SE846 from a portable DAC/amplifier.  But I know I'm not hearing things and now I know it's not the headphone cable acting as an antenna (unless the sources themselves are the source of any radiated noise).

The same for me. Only hiss on my iems. Not full size headphones. And its ok, not a big problen. Mojo is a wonderful device. And im glad i bought it :)

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #5,550 of 42,765
  I start playback on foobar, but it never starts on time, and I lose like .2 secs of the beginning of the track. Any way to fix this? I'm using Chord ASIO

i have the same issue/quirk anyone else experience this or have anyway to correct the timing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back