Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #14,716 of 42,765

where can I get the Dignis leather case

It doesn't seem to be widely available, but I did link it in the 3rd post.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277896

http://iconosquare.com/p/1193350812811068504_1569715448

http://iconosquare.com/p/1195363820210947738_1569715448

... did chord release their case yet?

Not yet, but it's genuinely imminent

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #14,719 of 42,765

Not yet, but it's genuinely imminent

That's great news. can hope it looks as beautiful and fancy as the Hugo one.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2016/03/22/canjam-socal-2016-chord-electronics-dave-tt-and-mojo/

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics:

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #14,720 of 42,765
Well, just tested my set ups, the mojo using poweramp then same song using uapp. I kept the headphones the same just switched to my sabre hifimediy android dac and cayin c5....

Mojo - still got the issue of stuttering etc on both poweramp and uapp. Uapp playing back red on mojo and poweramp on blue due to android upsampling.

Sabre android hifimediy dac and cayin c5 - poweramp played without a single stutter and uapp still stuttered.

Ive read the posts and links about uapp. I've played with the settings and never could eliminate the audio stutter etc.

Sound differences ?... literally sound more or less exactly the same. Theres zero chance of me picking out the mojo to my android dac and c5 amp in a blind test based on sound quality. Something is wrong, cos £400 needs to explain itself. As i said the mojo stutters in poweramp yet my original set up plays it fine. Theres NO difference between tidal HIFI streaming compared to the same song on poweramp in mp3 format.

My original setup sounded fine, I didnt expect it to blow me away but I did expect a fair improvement for £400 plus the rave reviews.

I genuinely feel as though im not using it correctly considering the mojo sounds the same as my £30 android dac and c5 amp. Surely tidal HIFI of purple rain will sound better than my 320kbps mp3 download... ?

If this is as good as mojo gets and thats what £1000+ dacs sound like, im gutted considering the sabre android and cayin c5 cost me £140.

Hmmmm....

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #14,721 of 42,765
Mar 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #14,722 of 42,765
The only reason I thought this may work is that Fiio sell a dock/amp I think which takes the audio from the USB port, maybe it's some kind of proprietary connection or something then.

Yes, it is.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #14,723 of 42,765
Thanks Robb, appreciate your prompt response! After what you said I went to check my app settings and realised they have been reset after my last app update. And I was so damned sure the settings weren't the problem *facepalm* On the bright side everything's all hunky dory now!

Thanks also x Relic x and Blasyrkh for your input, appreciate the assistance :)

What did you change to get double and quad rate DSD to play without skipping? What iPhone are you using?

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #14,725 of 42,765

I checked the links and it led me no where.

No, sorry, I didn't mean that they were retail links; just that I'd added the only links I could find. I apologise for the lack of retail links, but I don't know which retailer(s) sell that case. It's strange because I've seen QP1R Dignis cases on eBay, no problem, but their Mojo case is proving very elusive, thus far (might be because Mojo has sold so rapidly, that Dignis can't keep up with demand in Korea and Japan; I dunno)

As you know, it's really up to you whether you want to hunt down a Dignis case from Korea, or just wait a few weeks more and get an easily-available Chord one.

Either way, I hope you're happy with whichever one you get, and please post some pics!
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #14,726 of 42,765
Hmmm.... well, that's weird. When I searched eBay.com for 'Mojo Dignis', I got zero results, but DuckDuckGo managed to find it on eBay.com, when eBay's own search function couldn't!!
angry_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dignis-CHORD-Mojo-DAC-Amp-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Italy-PU-Case-Black-/301905558628?hash=item464af93c64

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #14,728 of 42,765

No, sorry, I didn't mean that they were retail links; just that I'd added the only links I could find. I apologise for the lack of retail links, but I don't know which retailer(s) sell that case. It's strange because I've seen QP1R Dignis cases on eBay, no problem, but their Mojo case is proving very elusive, thus far (might be because Mojo has sold so rapidly, that Dignis can't keep up with demand in Korea and Japan; I dunno)

As you know, it's really up to you whether you want to hunt down a Dignis case from Korea, or just wait a few weeks more and get an easily-available Chord one.

Either way, I hope you're happy with whichever one you get, and please post some pics!
beerchug.gif

No prob, I used my google-fu and checked the links earlier and found nothing so I thought I'd ask just in case anyone is already rocking one.

Whichever one I find or get I'll be sure to post some pics after.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #14,729 of 42,765
  Hmmm.... well, that's weird. When I searched eBay.com for 'Mojo Dignis', I got zero results, but DuckDuckGo managed to find it on eBay.com, when eBay's own search function couldn't!!
angry_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dignis-CHORD-Mojo-DAC-Amp-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Italy-PU-Case-Black-/301905558628?hash=item464af93c64

LOL

Damn thats kind a on the steep side.  Gonna keep in my cart and wait for Chord to release theirs then go from there.

thanks bud

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #14,730 of 42,765
LOL

Damn thats kind a on the steep side.  Gonna keep in my cart and wait for Chord to release theirs then go from there.

thanks bud

Pretty normal for Dignis. Better than the AK cases. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back