1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981
983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

It doesn't seem to be widely available, but I did link it in the 3rd post.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277896

http://iconosquare.com/p/1193350812811068504_1569715448

http://iconosquare.com/p/1195363820210947738_1569715448

Not yet, but it's genuinely imminent

2. mrback
    The only reason I thought this may work is that Fiio sell a dock/amp I think which takes the audio from the USB port, maybe it's some kind of proprietary connection or something then.

3. Vigrith

That's great news. can hope it looks as beautiful and fancy as the Hugo one.

4. Mython Contributor

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2016/03/22/canjam-socal-2016-chord-electronics-dave-tt-and-mojo/

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics:
    Mojo-CanJam-case-sneak-peek.jpg

5. esm87
    Well, just tested my set ups, the mojo using poweramp then same song using uapp. I kept the headphones the same just switched to my sabre hifimediy android dac and cayin c5....

Mojo - still got the issue of stuttering etc on both poweramp and uapp. Uapp playing back red on mojo and poweramp on blue due to android upsampling.

Sabre android hifimediy dac and cayin c5 - poweramp played without a single stutter and uapp still stuttered.

Ive read the posts and links about uapp. I've played with the settings and never could eliminate the audio stutter etc.

Sound differences ?... literally sound more or less exactly the same. Theres zero chance of me picking out the mojo to my android dac and c5 amp in a blind test based on sound quality. Something is wrong, cos £400 needs to explain itself. As i said the mojo stutters in poweramp yet my original set up plays it fine. Theres NO difference between tidal HIFI streaming compared to the same song on poweramp in mp3 format.

My original setup sounded fine, I didnt expect it to blow me away but I did expect a fair improvement for £400 plus the rave reviews.

I genuinely feel as though im not using it correctly considering the mojo sounds the same as my £30 android dac and c5 amp. Surely tidal HIFI of purple rain will sound better than my 320kbps mp3 download... ?

If this is as good as mojo gets and thats what £1000+ dacs sound like, im gutted considering the sabre android and cayin c5 cost me £140.

Hmmmm....

6. chillaxing
  7. x RELIC x Contributor

Yes, it is.

8. bytor33

What did you change to get double and quad rate DSD to play without skipping? What iPhone are you using?

9. Vigrith

Damn. Sexy as hell, can't wait till it becomes available. Thank you for the information and pictures!

10. Mython Contributor

No, sorry, I didn't mean that they were retail links; just that I'd added the only links I could find. I apologise for the lack of retail links, but I don't know which retailer(s) sell that case. It's strange because I've seen QP1R Dignis cases on eBay, no problem, but their Mojo case is proving very elusive, thus far (might be because Mojo has sold so rapidly, that Dignis can't keep up with demand in Korea and Japan; I dunno)

As you know, it's really up to you whether you want to hunt down a Dignis case from Korea, or just wait a few weeks more and get an easily-available Chord one.

Either way, I hope you're happy with whichever one you get, and please post some pics! [​IMG]

11. Mython Contributor
    Hmmm.... well, that's weird. When I searched eBay.com for 'Mojo Dignis', I got zero results, but DuckDuckGo managed to find it on eBay.com, when eBay's own search function couldn't!! [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dignis-CHORD-Mojo-DAC-Amp-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Italy-PU-Case-Black-/301905558628?hash=item464af93c64

12. Dexter Morgan
    I hope the module that hides/protects the CCK is imminent too. I'm super paranoid about putting pressure on the USB port when the Mojo is in my pocket. Can't wait Chord!

13. chillaxing

No prob, I used my google-fu and checked the links earlier and found nothing so I thought I'd ask just in case anyone is already rocking one.

Whichever one I find or get I'll be sure to post some pics after.

14. chillaxing

LOL

Damn thats kind a on the steep side.  Gonna keep in my cart and wait for Chord to release theirs then go from there.

thanks bud

15. x RELIC x Contributor

Pretty normal for Dignis. Better than the AK cases. :wink:

First

Back
972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981
983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992
Next

Last