1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951
953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962
Next

Last
  1. theintrospect

It is unfortunate that the Mojo has higher noise floor. I guess this kills the deal for me. Thanks!

2. theintrospect
    Which "Phone" are you referring to ?

3. parkman
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay so, I'm stunned. I've listened for the Mojo for all of 30min and I cannot believe what I'm hearing. Song after song, the detail improvement is substantial! And where is the fatigue? I'm listening to parts of songs that normally hurt my ears and caused fatigue and now it's like the edge is taken off, yet I'm hearing more! I'm not gonna lie, when I had a read bunch of stuff about less fatigue and your brain being able to process it better, I didn't think I would actually be able to tell.. But what do you know! And it's not slight. Oh not at all.

I'm so satisfied. I'm keeping this like forever.
    And it wasn't like the iDSD didn't sound good, it was way better than the X3, but this is just a whole new level. I'm ecstatic, if you couldn't already tell.

Now if you could excuse me, while I go back to listening... I just had to share!

EDIT: I'm even gonna use the Mojo whenever I listen to podcasts, just because I can! Muahahaha, today is a good day.

4. chillaxing
    Does uapp kill battery? I got it and used it for about an hr on tidal and it drained more than 50% on my v10

5. Blasyrkh
    I suggest you try, for those that use it through USB, some kind of USB conditioner, like the jitterbug.

I would like to know if it's me that is hearing things, or it's really true that these devices add some magic to sound. With hd800 is astonishing, mojo naturalness is widely amplified!

I'm asking if some other kind of conditioner, like the ifi or schiit, would be even better

6. Blasyrkh

Uapp doesn't for me, I use it for 5 or 6 hours per day, and using my phone for everything else, and I come back home from work with 40percent battery. But I don't use tidal.

Tidal uses a connection, and if you use it through 4g it can be battery consuming. But 50% is still too much...

7. ShreyasMax

Congrats on your acquisition! I too hope to go down the same path as yours, pretty soon. 

Cheers & happy listening

8. music4mhell
    Could you please share the reason behind ur statement ?

what's your source, the connection the iem or headphone ?

9. masterpfa
    I read later on that a bit of Wow is now being experienced. I also see that most of your music is in 320 have a look at this site it has links to sites offering free samples, sometimes complete tracks and on sites such as 2L you will have the option to download the same track in all versions from CD quality 16/44.1 up to DSD 256 11.2896Mbit/.
    Give these a try, this was my 1st experience of Hi-Res files and I have not looked back since.

Above all try not to analyse, but listen and enjoy your music, Mojo allows you to do just that.
    Also consider a free trial of Tidal too for 16/44.1 files
    [​IMG]

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  10. Rob Watts
    Quote:

Quote:

I am also puzzled by this. The iPhone results I work from is 3uV noise - which is the same as Mojo - the design brief for Mojo was same noise (in uV) as an iPhone. The recent review on these pages pointed to a dynamic range of 106 dB for the iPhone 6 - and at 1v RMS output, that points to 5 uV of noise - actually worse than Mojo's 3uV.

So hiss on a very sensitive IEM with Mojo should be the same as an IPhone or actually quieter, but with the added plus of 5 times more output voltage too.

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    onsionsi and SteveOliver like this.
  11. headmanPL
    This was a WOW factor for me. There has always been a big difference in 320kbps vs FLAC. Mojo closes the gap to a ridiculously small level. SQ sounds similar, dynamics still sound different.
    I think you'll settle in and start to notice the Mojo effect soon.

12. sandalaudio

I tend to agree with Rob

For a compact gadget like Mojo, people often buy online without even listening to it first. I think that's the real concern for me, considering that this is a device for listening to music and not much else. It's like deciding to buy a sports car without test driving on a windy road.

Mojo is pretty good value for money, but it's still quite an expensive commitment unless you're a millionaire. It makes sense to take your favourite pair of headphones, five or six of your favourite albums, sit down, and spend at least a few hours listening to the music. Not just some quick one minute A/B comparisons, but through the entire songs and albums. Once you're fully satisfied that there is a significant sonic benefit, then buy it. Otherwise, if there is no discernible difference, then don't bother wasting the money. Spend that money to buy more music.

There are still a lot of people who believe the Hugo/Mojo is some kind of a mad hype that is made up by media marketing. Considering how many people ended up opening up their tight wallet and taking home the Hugo and Mojo after serious listening demos, it must be one hell of a marketing fad (I want to ask Rob how Chord pulled that off... [​IMG]), or that it simply makes music sound better.

People often say there are no shops or demo units near their rural farming village. In that case, ring up the dealers, ask around on Head-Fi for a meet-up, pack your favourite headphones and catch a bus or a train and find every opportunity to do a demo. It's really worthwhile. I get PM's all the time about demos, and usually have one or two Head-Fi people a week visiting my house for serious listening sessions. People often spend 1-2 hours flat out listening before making up their mind about buying something.

korotnam likes this.
  13. korotnam

A great example of why I love this community.

14. masterpfa
    Quite recently I have been to one of the "Linn Lounge" events, these are set up usually with dedicated evening, in this case Miles Davis.
    These have been designed to demonstrate the best that Linn have to offer and at this sitting the Exakt Akubarik Active Speakers and Klimax Exakt DSM network enabled player.

Primarily having been wowed by my experience with my Mojo and Miles Davis through all the IEM's and HeadPhones I own. Now there I was expecting to be blown away by the Linn gear.
    I mean afterall we are talking about £20K+ active speakers and £8K+ network player. Surely a no contest?

By now you can probably guess where this is going. What I will say in defence of the Linn set up is that it was not in ideal listening conditions and it was good, very good. I would say that this venue was not best suited for solo listening the acoustics may have been all over the place. But at the end of the day
    1. I would not, unless a lottery winner, be buying equipment at that price in the first place
    2. Would probably need to experience this in a properly set up home Linn system
    3. My listening through headphones allow me to tailor my listening experience solely for myself

I did consider offering the demonstrators my Mojo to try inline to feed the Active speakers but I'm sure they would not accommodate this.

I have since been back for a Mozart evening and again comparing tracks I own against those demoed, I personally on these 2 experiences would not have felt like I was missing out on anything at all while listening to the Mojo as I thought more details was gleaned from the music in my own setup.

[​IMG]

15. Ike1985

I've tried t

I use the music feed feature of bandcamp to discover new metal, that isn't going to happen on Tidal.  Tidal can't hold a candle to what Bandcamp can offer and Bandcamp is free.

First

Back
942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951
953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962
Next

Last