Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 14, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #13,306 of 42,765
Got it working. Remember even if you have a Optical connection on your PC to connect through usb inorder for Windows 10 to recognize the Mojo. Don't know if it is my motherboards fault or windows 10 can't detect drivers through optical but you need usb connection for Windows to recognize the mojo driver. You definitely want it because sound difference is there with drivers on/off.

Other than that, good work Chord. Love the the sound and going well with the Nighthawks. This one is staying.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #13,309 of 42,765
Got it working. Remember even if you have a Optical connection on your PC to connect through usb inorder for Windows 10 to recognize the Mojo. Don't know if it is my motherboards fault or windows 10 can't detect drivers through optical but you need usb connection for Windows to recognize the mojo driver. You definitely want it because sound difference is there with drivers on/off.

Other than that, good work Chord. Love the the sound and going well with the Nighthawks. This one is staying.

I didn't think you need drivers for optical output, unless your optical output device doesn't have the drivers for it to be operational.

I work in a Windows environment (not Windows 10) but just don't listen to audio from the PC so that's all I've got for suggestions. Looks like you've got it sorted anyway.

This is what I was referring to select the digital optical output (below the speakers option):

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #13,310 of 42,765
To connect optically Mojo to a desktop PC, is a £32 Supra ZAC cable worth it, or a simple £5 cable is enough?
Any recommendation?
On first page all I could find was regarding short cables to mobile devices.
I read Chord is coming with a kit of cables, maybe is better to wait and see what it brings?

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #13,311 of 42,765
Don't you just go in to the Sound settings in the control panel in Windows and select the optical digital output?

P.S. I don't know, I use Mac for my audio.

Well if he wants all the system audio to go through the Mojo then this is correct.

Personally I don't like when apps lock sound devices (happens quite often) so I use my laptop's built in speakers as headphone/speakrer for default and set foobar2000 to play thru ASIO Chord. (I don't use DirectSound because it causes dropouts on my system - don't use ASIO unless DS causes dropouts for you!!!!! you have been warned!!!)

Another benefit of how I do it is that music is always playing and no stupid pop ups or youtube videos or any of that junk interrupts my audio stream. Someone calls on skype? just turn down the Mojo and keep going :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #13,312 of 42,765
I didn't think you need drivers for optical output, unless your optical output device doesn't have the drivers for it to be operational.

I work in a Windows environment (not Windows 10) but just don't listen to audio from the PC so that's all I've got for suggestions. Looks like you've got it sorted anyway.

This is what I was referring to select the digital optical output (below the speakers option):

Yep, got it figured out. The sound was coming through optical even without the drivers but I wanted to double check to see if drivers would improve sound even further (in which it did).

I can tell you A/B.

Through optical on windows 10 using Audioquest Vodka Toslink cable 6 feet which retails $240.00 or something, sound is better through usb with mojo drivers on windows 10 and stock usb to micro that come with Mojo.

So skip the optical connection on Mojo if running through PC.

Anyway, love the sound as expected from Rob and Chord team. It's a keeper and grab yourself one if you haven't!

peace.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #13,313 of 42,765
Yep, got it figured out. The sound was coming through optical even without the drivers but I wanted to double check to see if drivers would improve sound even further (in which it did).

I can tell you A/B.

Through optical on windows 10 using Audioquest Vodka Toslink cable 6 feet which retails $240.00 or something, sound is better through usb with mojo drivers on windows 10 and stock usb to micro that come with Mojo.

So skip the optical connection on Mojo if running through PC.

Anyway, love the sound as expected from Rob and Chord team. It's a keeper and grab yourself one if you haven't!

peace.

This brings up a good point... Better how. Everyone has their preferred flavour and their own 'better meter'. It would be helpful if you described what is better. I would expect the optical to be smoother with a lack of RF noise as per Rob's posts. Also, as per Rob's posts, I would guess that the USB out has a little more bite to them, slightly elevated treble. Just curious is all.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #13,316 of 42,765
Mojo burger, yummay.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #13,317 of 42,765
System concept cable is too short for me, anyone else make short optical to toslink? Just darn...

tried moon audio? maybe they have?

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #13,318 of 42,765
Ever since I demoed Mojo about 2 weeks ago the thought of purchasing one has not left me alone.

Its haunting me.... Its caused a massive 'craving' I can't shake. Got me bad! 
redface.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #13,319 of 42,765
Ever since I demoed Mojo about 2 weeks ago the thought of purchasing one has not left me alone.

Its haunting me.... Its caused a massive 'craving' I can't shake. Got me bad! :xf_eek:  

it's really one of a kind right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back