Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #11,461 of 42,765

Onkyo HF is available on Android! Maybe I'll be able to get the cover art to work, it never worked on iTunes.  I wonder though, if I'm using it for android and using a Mac laptop will I just have to drag and drop into a folder on the phone via finder?  I also have windows 7 running in parallels if necessary but that would be a pain in the ass to transfer music to the virtual machine first and then the phone every time.  Right now I'm using iTunes w/onkyo HF on my iphone 5.

It looks like there are 4 apps for android that do bit perfect output to USB DAC's: Onkyo HF, Hilby, USB Player Pro and Neutron.  Any consensus which is best? My experience with Onkyo HF was great from a sound quality perspective and not good from a usability perspective as it didn't display my art at all.

The customization level of Neutron is just so damn epic. Some folks don't like the interface but you can change it...ALL of it

The 10 band EQ can be adjusted to rep any freq at any "Q". I think my lowest 3 are 30, 60 and 80Hz

Sadly the USB of Neutron does not work with Mojo like UAPP. I can re sample to 32bit and it is the finest app I have heard but if you are a purist UAPP is the best.

I use Neutron.

IMO

UAPP is the best purist app but the ONKYO  DSD up sampling and FIR eq are pretty nice but my mind just feels like it's doing too much and it's GUI is the worst only surpassed by UAPP in sheer plainness.

UAPP for non eq users with lots of HQ Flacs
ONKYO for folks who like upsampling
Neutron for total tweakers (me)

Using:
America - "Tin Man"                triangle strike around 30sec?
Pink Floyd - "On the Run"      multi layer and heavy panning of signal

Neutron doing 32bit resample sounds best and most detailed to my ears

Hiby...

Used to love it as the cover art screen is epic but the sound of that app is rough. Something is off with that app? I can't say what but it's not even an option for me and is no longer on my device.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #11,463 of 42,765
I never get more than 5-6 hrs out of my Mojo using Fidelio X2s. Is that normal and acceptable?

I actually mentioned this a few pages back. Im getting maybe 4hrs before the yellow indicator kicks in. Yours seems worse then mine, i was using the volume just below double red. Im going to run mine down till the red flashing starts and see what i average.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,464 of 42,765
I actually mentioned this a few pages back. Im getting maybe 4hrs before the yellow indicator kicks in. Yours seems worse then mine, i was using the volume just below double red. Im going to run mine down till the red flashing starts and see what i average.

With X2s I am using Mojo just below green indicator. IE80s however hardly ever go to red.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #11,465 of 42,765

6 hours plus with juice still left in the battery tank being fed by a dx90 into IEMs. I charge my mojo overnight for at least 7 hours.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #11,466 of 42,765
Another thought. I know android up samples by default, could that change the sound? I think so. Might the up sampling algorithm change from device to device abd/or app to app? Maybe?

I had a similar question recently. You should check out the USB Audio Player Pro. It can stream locally stored music or music from Tiday (just not music saved to Tidal's offline mode). I doesn't upsample the music the way Android natively does, and some users prefer it. 

Also: They're awesome with support, and have a guy on Headfi who's super helpful. I'm doing most of my listening through this app now. Link to forum: http://www.head-fi.org/t/704065/usb-audio-recorder-pro-uapp-24-and-32-bit-playback-ubiquitous-usb-audio-support-for-android.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #11,469 of 42,765
The X2s are very sensitive for full-sized cans. 

Does there seem to be a battery issue with the Mojo? We should expect the battery to drain faster when pumping current to full-size cans; that's par for the course. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #11,471 of 42,765
  The X2s are very sensitive for full-sized cans. 

Does there seem to be a battery issue with the Mojo? We should expect the battery to drain faster when pumping current to full-size cans; that's par for the course. 

I think it has already been explained that the mojo works at full power no matter the impedance load. 

I ran mine all day Saturday on and off (I would guess 5-6 hrs) with my dt880/600 and had yellow left on the indicator.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #11,472 of 42,765
I recently returned mine because I was only getting 2 hours from a full charge, charging with a 2.5A wall charger. That worked out to 10 mins blue.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #11,473 of 42,765
Just for everyone's reference.

For me, continuous usage yields better battery life e.g. I can get up to 8 hours of use if I bring it to work and during commute in a day. If I use it sparingly like 2 hours today, an hour the next, then maybe leave it for the weekend; I get significantly less head time, around the 5 to 6 hour mark. I have noted before that I did notice the battery does drain in between and if left long enough after a couple of hours usage. YMMV.

Gear used: AK100 + Mojo + Earwerkz Supra 2 or FLC8S

Cheers

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #11,474 of 42,765
Onkyo HF is available on Android! Maybe I'll be able to get the cover art to work, it never worked on iTunes.  I wonder though, if I'm using it for android and using a Mac laptop will I just have to drag and drop into a folder on the phone via finder?  I also have windows 7 running in parallels if necessary but that would be a pain in the ass to transfer music to the virtual machine first and then the phone every time.  Right now I'm using iTunes w/onkyo HF on my iphone 5.

It looks like there are 4 apps for android that do bit perfect output to USB DAC's: Onkyo HF, Hilby, USB Player Pro and Neutron.  Any consensus which is best? My experience with Onkyo HF was great from a sound quality perspective and not good from a usability perspective as it didn't display my art at all.

I tried Onkyo and didn't like the interface. Using USB Audio Player Pro now. Unlike Onkyo, you have to buy it. I'm very happy with the performance. Only gripe is when streaming from a NAS drive, there is a limit on the number of albums it will access.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #11,475 of 42,765
I tried Onkyo and didn't like the interface. Using USB Audio Player Pro now. Unlike Onkyo, you have to buy it. I'm very happy with the performance. Only gripe is when streaming from a NAS drive, there is a limit on the number of albums it will access.

How do you stream from a nas drive using uapp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back