1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760
762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771
Next

Last
  1. Antihippy
    Ah that's good to know. Is that a problem usually?

Is it on an app by app basis? I mostly use poweramp, google music and spotify.

2. x RELIC x Contributor

I'm not sure, what device are you playing from?

3. Antihippy
    Nexus 6p.

4. nigel801
    I need some help with Android, I dont have a micro usb to micro usb otg and couldn't find one in Europe (except Moon audio which is ridicously expensive). So I am connecting my Samsung Note 4 with standard micro to A female OTG cable and on the other hand I am connecting Mojo with standard micro to USB A, but I am not able to hear any sound from my Shure 535s, I also tried Onkyo player but still no sound.

Can some one point me to thread of solution or some guidance, also are Tidal, Spotify and Google Playmusic supported in anyway?

Many thanks for any help provided..

5. x RELIC x Contributor

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Nexus 6P.

6. rkt31
    using mojo with fiiox3 2nd gen and Beyer dt880 600ohm. it is a great combo and I bet it can beat much expensive parings for transparency and clarity. Beyer dt880 600ohm can sound a bit bright with lesser sources but with mojo it is perfect and brings each and every fine nuances with getting bright. even bass has slightly more weight than Hugo.

7. rkt31
    read without getting bright in place of 'with getting bright'

8. YtseJamer

Thanks a lot for your honest feedback, much appreciated [​IMG]

9. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Note 4 user here:

FORZA can make one ($60.00)

IMGP4101.jpg

AT makes one and I love it but it's very thick like a triple shielded RCA cable. It has a full copper shield/jacket and is excellent ($50-$30)

IMGP4046.jpg

10. Ike1985

From what I remember reading all USB dacs suffer from RF/EMI.  I have a long usb cable ~1.5 feet.  I keep them separated as much as possible and use a ferrite choke right up against the iphone, it's touching it, another is built into my USB cable.  Ferrites wont eliminate it completely but they bring the harshness down significantly.  Mthing like the QED reference cable, that might work to eliminate rf/emi or maybe a jitterbug.  What's happening is the cable to the mojo is becoming an antenna, it's unavoidable with usb dacs.  If you don't want to do any of that go to airplane mode.  Personally, I can't hear interference consciously while music is playing.

11. masterpfa
    I have the same problem if playing any native app via my Android phones, this is corrected when I use UAPP and the correct rate is indicated by my Mojo
    I get the upsampling when using Google Music, Spotify and Tidal natively

12. edwintangch
    I am having trouble on packing a dap for mojo
    Actually I have a Fiio x5 and it sounds awesome with mojo
    However to cue my OCD, I am planning to buy an ak100 for it
    The problem is I tried ak120ii from my friend on it. It doesn't really sound good. Especially the narrow sound stage. Am I correct that it may not be a good choice?

13. bocosb
    Why would DAPs sound different if all the decoding/amplifying/volume changes take place inside the Mojo

headmanPL likes this.
  14. bavinck

I don't think anyone will ever answer that question satisfactorily if you know how the technical aspects of the devices work. The transport is passing a purely digital signal onto the Mojo, just what the original file is. Mojo does all the work. That being said, some people swear they hear a difference in sound depending on the transport. You decide what is most likely:)

Kuh-Fi likes this.
  15. Mython Contributor

Does the AK120ii (optionally) influence the outgoing digital stream with DSP, in any way?

First

Back
751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760
762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771
Next

Last