Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #10,205 of 42,765
You know what would make using the CCK better? A "U" shaped Lightning female to male connector. Then you could plug in the CCK on the back and have far less sticking out of the bottom, Maybe a U that then has a right angle on the back side:

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #10,206 of 42,765
Where can I find a short cable (used for stacking) for coax to Toslink

The jack for coax on the DX80 is also the optical jack. You can connect them with a mini Toslink to Toslink audio cable, but short optical cables are custom made and costly. I use a 3 foot one at home and it works fine. As for coax, use the coax cable that came with the DX80 with an 1/8" mono plug to RCA adapter. Radio Shack has one for $5.00 (Catalog #: 2740897). Use the adapter on the Mojo end.

Hope that helps.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #10,207 of 42,765
The jack for coax on the DX80 is also the optical jack. You can connect them with a mini Toslink to Toslink audio cable, but short optical cables are custom made and costly. I use a 3 foot one at home and it works fine. As for coax, use the coax cable that came with the DX80 with an 1/8" mono plug to RCA adapter. Radio Shack has one for $5.00 (Catalog #: 2740897). Use the adapter on the Mojo end.

Hope that helps.

What should I do what is the best thing I can do

What is an improvement over this

And what is a cost effective I could go about, is there something on amazon I can get, whatever cable you suggest I will get it just has to be the same length as the picture in the post

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #10,208 of 42,765
What should I do what is the best thing I can do

What is an improvement over this

And what is a cost effective I could go about, is there something on amazon I can get, whatever cable you suggest I will get it just has to be the same length as the picture in the post

Cost effective and best thing are opposing conditions. Moon Audio has both coax and Toslink cables that would meet your needs in the $75 to $100 price range. They are 6 inch cables with straight plugs while your Fiio cable is about 4 inches with right angle plugs. Your cable was designed for an analog signal, but could work since it is a sheathed cable but not a 75 ohm coax cable.

Not sure what problem you are trying to fix, but replacing your $14 cable with something almost as short will cost a lot more. If interested, contact Moon Audio (forum sponsor) and ask them if he can put right angle connectors on the coax cable.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #10,209 of 42,765
I just received an iPhone to Mojo cable that I bought at TaoBao (http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main)

It cost $27 plus $37 EMS shipping.  That's right, expedited shipping made it cost more than the cable.  Lower rates are available.  It took about two weeks total to get from China to North Idaho.  The item was sent double boxed--really over-packaged.

The cable itself looks great and is very flexible. It came with two rubber bands. The best part is that it worked when I plugged it in.  I'll report more if I have any problems.

[ATTACHMENT=1933]TaoBao_iPhone_Mojo_Cable.jpg (175k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] 

How did this cable turn out, is it worth while ordering?

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #10,210 of 42,765

Yes, I have used it only a few hours but I have not had a single drop out,click, or noise.  I can lay my Mojo the back of my iPhone and use the supplied rubber bands to hold it on.  I like it and think that at $27 is was a good deal.  The only downside is shipping cost and you have to be willing to wait 2-3 weeks.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #10,211 of 42,765

Just a heads up I believe  the crackling issue that some are having with an iPhone and the Mojo is with the latest iOS beta 9.3 beta 1, and now 2.  I have submitted feedback for this through the feedback app on the iPhone. I really encourage others to do the same if you are running the public beta.  

Maybe Chord Electronics ◕‿◕  could send in some feedback as well!!  vat would help from a major company like that **COUGH COUGH** @ Mojo ideas  

It is a problem with iOS 9.3 beta...I'm hoping they fix it also in the public release :wink:

I have tried both IOS 9.3 public beta 1 and 2. Strangely, the crackling sound can be heard on both my taobao short custom cable with build in CCK. While on my Fiio L19 cable, I get totally no crackling sound!  I do not have a CCK kit to test that combination out though.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #10,212 of 42,765

Yes, I have used it only a few hours but I have not had a single drop out,click, or noise.  I can lay my Mojo the back of my iPhone and use the supplied rubber bands to hold it on.  I like it and think that at $27 is was a good deal.  The only downside is shipping cost and you have to be willing to wait 2-3 weeks.

Silly question but how do you stack it without getting in the way of the iphone's touch screen?  Do you have a pic of the combo?  I'd love to see a clean looking stack with that cable.

Neil

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #10,213 of 42,765
You are right, there is no way to do that.  I have a leather case on my iPhone and I just stack with the case closed.  I don't really care if I miss a phone call when I am listening to music and often put the phone on airplane mode anyway.  It's obviously not the solution most users are looking for!

I do like making a stack with angle connectors.

The answer if you want full phone function is velcro strips or the 3M product mentioned about 50 pages ago.  Look in post #3 too.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #10,214 of 42,765
  You are right, there is no way to do that.  I have a leather case on my iPhone and I just stack with the case closed.  I don't really care if I miss a phone call when I am listening to music and often out the phone on airplane mode anyway.  It's obviously not the solution most users are looking for!

I do like making a stack with angle connectors.

The answer if you want full phone function is velcro strips or the 3M product mentioned about 50 pages ago.  Look in post #3 too.

Well yah. and beyond not being able to answer calls is not easily being able to select songs via touch screen.  I'm fairly active with DJ'ing my music while listening since I'll get the itch after listening to a particular track for something else while hearing what I am listening to.  The digital age!  But yes I have used velcro.  But the problem there is its either too strong or a bit scarily weak.

Neil

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #10,215 of 42,765
Well yah. and beyond not being able to answer calls is not easily being able to select songs via touch screen.  I'm fairly active with DJ'ing my music while listening since I'll get the itch after listening to a particular track for something else while hearing what I am listening to.  The digital age!  But yes I have used velcro.  But the problem there is its either too strong or a bit scarily weak.

Neil

3m Dual Lock (low profile). Works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back