Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #6,182 of 42,765
i anticipate there's likely to be no consensus; here goes anyhow:
should i be considering a decent A to micro B USB cable? or are we are talking about an it'll do sort of situation?

i am running and anticipate running my mojo from my laptop almost exclusively.

also, from a few pages back:

Quote:
is there any solution to the 1-second skipping to the beginnings of songs. foobar used. wasapi component downloaded too.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #6,183 of 42,765
I'm confused. I've searched thread and read all 413 pages but I can't recall what cable I'll need between the Mojo and ibasso DX80?

I'm searching now for some closed cans after sorting the open cans. It seems based on all the posts Oppo PM-3 are liked. I tried some Shure headphones (1840 I think) and they had great bass but seemed flat sounding on the treble. Any other options?

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #6,185 of 42,765
I'm confused. I've searched thread and read all 413 pages but I can't recall what cable I'll need between the Mojo and ibasso DX80?

I'm searching now for some closed cans after sorting the open cans. It seems based on all the posts Oppo PM-3 are liked. I tried some Shure headphones (1840 I think) and they had great bass but seemed flat sounding on the treble. Any other options?

i think the dx80 has an optical output and the mojo has optical so that could be a solution

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #6,187 of 42,765
I'm guessing if I use the apple 2+ Amp charger, I can cut that charging time in half?

No.

Using a higher capacity charger will only make a difference if the device being charged can utilize it.

If the Mojo is off, then a 1 amp charger will charge it as fast as it can be charged.

This is why we talk about "current draw" ... as the amount of current used is dependent on what's consuming (drawing) it not what's supplying it (excepting that you can't draw more than the supply is capable of providing).

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #6,189 of 42,765
I'll find out tomorrow when it arrives. I read the manual and it seems to do coaxial and optical. Not sure if I needed a certain optical cable ...

http://www.sysconcept.ca

i have one of their optical cables

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #6,191 of 42,765
  i anticipate there's likely to be no consensus; here goes anyhow:
should i be considering a decent A to micro B USB cable? or are we are talking about an it'll do sort of situation?

i am running and anticipate running my mojo from my laptop almost exclusively.

also, from a few pages back:

Someone a few pages back stated that the Mojo sounds better with an audio quality USB cable. I saved the link but can;t recall where. Have a look back. However the normal USB cable will be a fine start from what people are saying I think.

I don't think anyone found a cure for the one second skipping. There was a suggestion to use JRiver which solves it, but that costs money. I mentioned it on the Chord Mojo Issues Solutions thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #6,192 of 42,765
Someone a few pages back stated that the Mojo sounds better with an audio quality USB cable. I saved the link but can;t recall where. Have a look back. However the normal USB cable will be a fine start from what people are saying I think.

I don't think anyone found a cure for the one second skipping. There was a suggestion to use JRiver which solves it, but that costs money. I mentioned it on the Chord Mojo Issues Solutions thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread

Yea, the consensus is that USB > Optical/etc with mojo.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #6,193 of 42,765
Shold I use PCM or DoP for dsd on onkyo? DoP gives me the right (silver) color, pcm stays blue.

Yikes, the RF interference with my CCK is bad.

The music sounds absolutely incredible.

When I first hooked up the mojo to my phone I accidentally had it plugged into the charging port on the mojo, hope that didn't damage anything.

Also notice my usb connection isn't straight but hat shouldn't matter right-it still works fine:

Also with this setup I just realized j won't be able to charge my phone and listen at the same time, my next phone will have to have much better battery capacity than iphone 5.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #6,194 of 42,765
Mine is slightly off square to the back too. Not an issue other than slight cosmetic OCD!!

Get a decent Android then with wireless charging. I can use my S6 and Note 4 with my wireless charger while Mojo connected into USB. With my Note 4 Multimedia Dock I can even charge in the dock and have Mojo connected to one of the docks USB ports but only works with UAPP App dedicated USB driver with the dock which doesn't work with Spotify (but does with Tidal).

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,195 of 42,765
Why is that? Says clearly on the box to wait 10 hrs.

Chord has posted a couple times on this forum saying the full 10hrs charge is for units that have been sitting on the shelf for a very long time with a depleted battery. If your unit's charging light turns off then you're fully charged and good to go according to Chord. I doubt it's been sitting on a shelf for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back