Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #34,291 of 42,765
I thought the battery was thermally bonded to the case. Then taped down. I always imagined using thermal interface material whenever I get around to needing a new battery.

With the new battery, Chord includes 2 additional pieces - 1) the strip of double sided tape for fastening the battery to the case as I mentioned. 2) they also provide a strip of thermal tape that you fasten to the other side of the battery. The thermal tape is not bonded to the case, only to the battery.

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #34,292 of 42,765
With the new battery, Chord includes 2 additional pieces - 1) the strip of double sided tape for fastening the battery to the case as I mentioned. 2) they also provide a strip of thermal tape that you fasten to the other side of the battery. The thermal tape is not bonded to the case, only to the battery.

Right-o then. Thank you.

Nov 4, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #34,293 of 42,765
disconnect the charger and then let the Mojo play continuously with headphones connected, but without my USB source connected. To my surprise it played about 8 hours.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean fully charge Mojo. Switch Mojo on. Then attach headphones. Then disconnect charger (and probably cable). Then disconnect any sound source. Meaning leave the Mojo to discharge the battery in its own time.....

Yes have a fully charged Mojo discharging continuously with phones connected, but without source. Reason for having phones connected: A lot of amplifiers do not like be be on but without headphones or speaker connected. That I did not connect any source was because of practicality as my phone is my source.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #34,294 of 42,765
Yes have a fully charged Mojo discharging continuously with phones connected, but without source. Reason for having phones connected: A lot of amplifiers do not like be be on but without headphones or speaker connected. That I did not connect any source was because of practicality as my phone is my source.

OK will try that if I ever get worried about battery.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #34,295 of 42,765
When using the chord mojo with the iphone 7 hooked up to the aux in my car stereo system should i have both the iphone and chord mojo max volume and use my car stereo volume to control volume or what is best to use here in that situation. I dont want any volume clipping or anything like that

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #34,296 of 42,765
When using the chord mojo with the iphone 7 hooked up to the aux in my car stereo system should i have both the iphone and chord mojo max volume and use my car stereo volume to control volume or what is best to use here in that situation. I dont want any volume clipping or anything like that

The phone volume won't make a difference. I use the 3V line out mode and adjust the car stereo accordingly. My car's system is nothing special (stock 2014 Mazda 3) and I've had no problems with clipping or distortion.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #34,297 of 42,765
i just bought a brandnew chord mojo, i started using it right after i opened the box. last for 3-5 hrs and shuts down. so i charged it and saw the led indicator blue/white(not really sure, didnt pay attention ;d) then after a few hrs of charging(approx 2-3hrs)i started using it again and shuts down after a few hrs(3-4hrs). right now im charging it and ever since i plugged it in the led indicator shows blue/white(again im not sure if its blue or white(looking closely it looks white/but the reflection is blue). i havent seen the led indicator change ever since. should i expect the led to change color? or its permanent white/blue? how can i really know if its fully charged? ive seen the manual it says that the led indicator should turn of if fully charged, while some threads saying i should be seeing blue(not sure if i should be seeing the blue while charging or while in use). not sure if mine is faulty or fake or thats just how it shld be. just wanna clarify so ill know if i shld return it. fast response would be awesome since the shop that ive bought from offers a limited time of replacing the unit incase if the product is faulty. thanks

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #34,298 of 42,765
i just bought a brandnew chord mojo, i started using it right after i opened the box. last for 3-5 hrs and shuts down. so i charged it and saw the led indicator blue/white(not really sure, didnt pay attention ;d) then after a few hrs of charging(approx 2-3hrs)i started using it again and shuts down after a few hrs(3-4hrs). right now im charging it and ever since i plugged it in the led indicator shows blue/white(again im not sure if its blue or white(looking closely it looks white/but the reflection is blue). i havent seen the led indicator change ever since. should i expect the led to change color? or its permanent white/blue? how can i really know if its fully charged? ive seen the manual it says that the led indicator should turn of if fully charged, while some threads saying i should be seeing blue(not sure if i should be seeing the blue while charging or while in use). not sure if mine is faulty or fake or thats just how it shld be. just wanna clarify so ill know if i shld return it. fast response would be awesome since the shop that ive bought from offers a limited time of replacing the unit incase if the product is faulty. thanks

I think if your charging light is alternating between colour and white, your charger is not providing enough current.

As it says on the back of the box also, first time charge it until the charge light goes out. (Or for ten hours, whichever comes first.)

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #34,301 of 42,765
I think if your charging light is alternating between colour and white, your charger is not providing enough current.

As it says on the back of the box also, first time charge it until the charge light goes out. (Or for ten hours, whichever comes first.)

Should i expect to see changes on the led indicator?
The mojo that i got came with 1 black box, the unit and the cable, no manuals or cards whatsoever. Black box that u can pull out to open. Just like the white box but no tips or guides at the back but with complete prints etc. The box is completely plastic/sticker sealed. Im currently using the cable that came with it and the adapter from my nexus 5(1.2 output if im not mistaken)

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #34,302 of 42,765
The early batches of the Mojo were half-charged by Chord, because there was the risk that some Mojos could sit on dealers shelves for several months, before being sold.
Reality turned out to be that customers were buying the mojo as fast as Chord could ship them, so most only sat on dealers shelves for a few hours at most. This meant that new owners usually needed only three or four hours of charging before their new Mojo was fully charged.
I don't know what the situation is today (two years after first shipments), but I think the best practice is still to charge your mojo fully before first use (I know that is difficult for some impatient owners) :relaxed:
I get the feeling from your post, that your mojo is never getting fully charged, so I am not surprised that you get only 3 to 5 hrs runtime.
There is a lot of info/wisdom in post #3, about charging, the best chargers, and some charging issues.
For me the charging light seems to be white, with a tinge of purple, but the light does go out when the battery is fully charged.
I suggest a period of trial and error, where you find out if your charger can supply enough current, plus whether you are leaving your mojo to charge for long enough.
Hopefully that will enable you to find your comfort zone, where you can best enjoy your mojo. :relaxed:

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #34,304 of 42,765
Should i expect to see changes on the led indicator?
The mojo that i got came with 1 black box, the unit and the cable, no manuals or cards whatsoever. Black box that u can pull out to open. Just like the white box but no tips or guides at the back but with complete prints etc. The box is completely plastic/sticker sealed. Im currently using the cable that came with it and the adapter from my nexus 5(1.2 output if im not mistaken)
Don't worry too much.
Within post #3 on this thread, @Mython has captured the accumulated wisdom from hundreds of posts, regarding how to get the best experience when using the mojo.
It is well worth a read, because you are bound to find some snippet of user-experience that will be of benefit to you.

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #34,305 of 42,765
The early batches of the Mojo were half-charged by Chord, because there was the risk that some Mojos could sit on dealers shelves for several months, before being sold.
Reality turned out to be that customers were buying the mojo as fast as Chord could ship them, so most only sat on dealers shelves for a few hours at most. This meant that new owners usually needed only three or four hours of charging before their new Mojo was fully charged.
I don't know what the situation is today (two years after first shipments), but I think the best practice is still to charge your mojo fully before first use (I know that is difficult for some impatient owners) :relaxed:
I get the feeling from your post, that your mojo is never getting fully charged, so I am not surprised that you get only 3 to 5 hrs runtime.
There is a lot of info/wisdom in post #3, about charging, the best chargers, and some charging issues.
For me the charging light seems to be white, with a tinge of purple, but the light does go out when the battery is fully charged.
I suggest a period of trial and error, where you find out if your charger can supply enough current, plus whether you are leaving your mojo to charge for long enough.
Hopefully that will enable you to find your comfort zone, where you can best enjoy your mojo. :relaxed:

That was my plan the whole time, but the led indicator's color is confusing. White/purple/blue -.- and right now im charging my mojo and will probably wait until the led completely shuts off. And searching ever since i got the unit, all the problems that ive seen regarding the led is just theirs are blinking which isnt the one im experiencing rght now. Im probably/hopefully seeing the color wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back