Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 22, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #33,871 of 42,765

Here's a handy case I found for my Mojo, just need a couple of left/right angled usb cables and it'll make life easier to listen and charge i hope, the end section should protect the usb cables and i guess ill run a micro female one up under the molle to charge with, will keep you posted, sorry if this has been done before

Quite like that...where was it from?

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #33,875 of 42,765
At home I use headphones or speakers. IEMs are also good when you are cleaning the house.
you can sleep with it. you cant sleep with a headphone although you can sleep with the speaker on.

Technically, IEMs are in-ear headphones. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphones#Ear-fitting_headphones

You can also get a Hifi girl/boyfriend to sleep with. Be warned they don't come cheap :) :) :)

And when you do find such a hidden gem and things don't work out, the heartbreak is...er...worse. :disappointed_relieved:

The only problem I have is the treble and bass does not scale.

For example at lower volume (first white), everything from 200khz and above sounded nice.

I need to reach at least 2nd red and above (green) to get proper bass but the treble can be slightly too loud for me.

You meant 200 Hz, not 200 kHz. :open_mouth:

It looks like those are issues with your headphones, not the Mojo.

Yeah, that's all very well, but it's not a utopian wonder.

Privacy is an issue, for example, and that consideration matters more to some music lovers than others.

Could you elaborate on what you mean about privacy?

I'd like to try Roon sometime, but it's not a priority for me, especially due to the astronomical price of admission. It's actually easier for me to drag and drop on-the-fly playlists from my custom-organized file folders into foobar2000 with its basic default interface than it is for me to browse a fancy interface.

I have high hopes (pi hopes?) for my Hifiberry setup, since I'll use Volumio.

Side note: I got slightly better sound (than my laptop in basic form) with someone's Raspberry Pi I borrowed, but it wasn't enough of a difference to bother with. AudiophileOptimizer and Windows Server 2016 Standard Core (on the laptop) made a more significant improvement for me.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #33,876 of 42,765
Side note: I got slightly better sound (than my laptop in basic form) with someone's Raspberry Pi I borrowed, but it wasn't enough of a difference to bother with. AudiophileOptimizer and Windows Server 2016 Standard Core (on the laptop) made a more significant improvement for me.
Yeah, I want to use my phone as a remote and don't really have a servicable computer. My Pi will replace my iBasso DX90 as a transport.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #33,877 of 42,765
Could you elaborate on what you mean about privacy?

I'd like to try Roon sometime, but it's not a priority for me, especially due to the astronomical price of admission. It's actually easier for me to drag and drop on-the-fly playlists from my custom-organized file folders into foobar2000 with its basic default interface than it is for me to browse a fancy interface.

Yes, but only briefly, as I don't wish to sidetrack the thread off-topic.

As I understand it, Roon is a subscription service. Everytime you use the service to access metadata for the music you are playing, the communication is 2-way - you only get to receive metadata from Roon's servers if your device has first sent data to Roon - as a subscriber, that data identifies who you are, and, secondly, it identifies the tracks or albums you are requesting metadata for. Further still, it is quite probable that Roon may log your browsing activity through any associated information you may have manually taken an interest in, as a result of it being linked as being relevant to, or similar to, the music your device originally requested metadata for, during playback. Thus, your privacy may be at risk, and your listening and browsing habits might be being profiled or, at some point in the future, perhaps even sold-on to third parties (even if Roon decide not to do this, at this point in time, it is common for tech companies to be purchased by conglomerates - e.g. https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/euoathnoticefaq/ )

Anyway, sorry for the OT, everyone. Back to Mojo! :)

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #33,878 of 42,765
Yes, but only briefly, as I don't wish to sidetrack the thread off-topic.

As I understand it, Roon is a subscription service. Everytime you use the service to access metadata for the music you are playing, the communication is 2-way - you only get to receive metadata from Roon's servers if your device has first sent data to Roon - as a subscriber, that data identifies who you are, and, secondly, it identifies the tracks or albums you are requesting metadata for. Further still, it is quite probable that Roon may log your browsing activity through any associated information you may have manually taken an interest in, as a result of it being linked as being relevant to, or similar to, the music your device originally requested metadata for, during playback. Thus, your privacy may be at risk, and your listening and browsing habits might be being profiled or, at some point in the future, perhaps even sold-on to third parties (even if Roon decide not to do this, at this point in time, it is common for tech companies to be purchased by conglomerates - e.g. https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/euoathnoticefaq/ )

Anyway, sorry for the OT, everyone. Back to Mojo! :)

what do you have to hide man

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #33,880 of 42,765
Which are the differences between regular drive and creator's update?

Creator's update driver fixes the issues people are having with the latest version of Windows 10. I think it requires the old driver to be installed first, and then the new one on top of it. At least I installed the Creator's update driver on top of the old one and haven't encountered any problems since.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #33,883 of 42,765
I have some 600 ohm beyers lying dormant. would it be a mistake to add a quality otl tube amp with mojo to power them. with rob's emphasis on pure transparency i'm not sure. then again why do chord portable dacs have a line out if that can only add distortion or the like.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #33,884 of 42,765
I have some 600 ohm beyers lying dormant. would it be a mistake to add a quality otl tube amp with mojo to power them. with rob's emphasis on pure transparency i'm not sure. then again why do chord portable dacs have a line out if that can only add distortion or the like.

I've got 250 Ohm Beyer dt 1770 pro's, which I much prefer through the Mojo line out, into my Woo Audio WA2 otl amp, than through the Mojo alone. The sound is stunning, for closed headphones...just need something similar for my open mrspeakers Ethers (soon to be ether flows) and I reckon I'm set for life.... So yes. Do it! Otl/Mojo combo all the way for high impedance loads....

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #33,885 of 42,765

So you may use it into power amps to drive loudspeakers... And line out is only a pre-set volume, physically nothing changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back