Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #33,856 of 42,765
best UI is roon on a 27 imac hires screen with mojo to optical to mac. roon remains unmatched for metadata/UI/artwork. each listening session becomes like a voyage of discovery. maybe one day roon on dap?....
I have to agree, the better Mac displays are simply gorgeous.

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #33,857 of 42,765
I've been away from the forum for a while so apologies if this is a repeat post............
My iPhone 6S+ is now on the iOS11 GM version which is basically the same as the public release.
For the first time in a long time I picked up my Mojo and listened to music using the Lavricable and it worked! For a whole 2 minutes then my iPhone said, "this accessory is not compatible with iPhone" and promptly disconnected it. LOL. Anyway, the Mojo accessory pack wouldn't work then either. I had to reboot the phone and start again.
Question - how does it know to block the Lavricable when it has a CCK inside it? Yet the Mojo accessory pack works fine with the Apple CCK. Amazing for Apple, absolutely rubbish for me.
Almost the weekend folks! I hope you all have a great one.

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #33,858 of 42,765
Does the Lavricables has such chip inside its one of the connectors?

Hi. The Lavricable does have a CCK inside of it, BUT and this is critical, mine no longer works as the iPhone won't recognise it and certainly doesn't on iOS 11.
When I bought the cable it worked fine, however that was on an older iOS version. Since the iOS 10 and newer, it no longer works.
I personally would not buy one unless I got some kind of guarantee about this. Its a lot of money for a cable that I could only use for a very short time.

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #33,859 of 42,765
Apple, always looking to dictate everything. I know there are many great things about Apple products and their ecosystem, but man I'm glad for my personal sensibilities and needs I'm not caught up in their certification net. Must be very frustrating.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #33,860 of 42,765
does it make any sense to buy totl iem's like andromeda for home use?

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #33,861 of 42,765
does it make any sense to buy totl iem's like andromeda for home use?

Depends on your needs. I only use IEMs when I'm on the go, travelling or exercising. At home I use headphones or speakers. IEMs are also good when you are cleaning the house. But I probably wouldn't go for TOTL IEMs, even though I get tempted every now and then.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #33,862 of 42,765
Did anybody pickup an iPhone 8/+ (iOS 11) and tried using the mojo thru a CCK cable? Thinking of upgrading from my iPhone 7+ to maybe an X later if this current generation's iPhone works fine with the mojo.

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #33,865 of 42,765
I just got a mojo from massdrop but I am going to return it. (because of the massdrop vendor issue and it has nothing to do with mojo)

In my own words, i think mojo is a device with a very precise volume control.

I can listen to my songs at a lower volume and they still sound engaging. (not too loud or too soft)

Everything has more textures.

The only problem I have is the treble and bass does not scale.

For example at lower volume (first white), everything from 200khz and above sounded nice.

I need to reach at least 2nd red and above (green) to get proper bass but the treble can be slightly too loud for me.

I am using an iem.
  • Sensitivity: 114db
  • Impedance: 16Ω

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #33,866 of 42,765
I just got a mojo from massdrop but I am going to return it. (because of the massdrop vendor issue and it has nothing to do with mojo)

In my own words, i think mojo is a device with a very precise volume control.

I can listen to my songs at a lower volume and they still sound engaging. (not too loud or too soft)

Everything has more textures.

The only problem I have is the treble and bass does not scale.

For example at lower volume (first white), everything from 200khz and above sounded nice.

I need to reach at least 2nd red and above (green) to get proper bass but the treble can be slightly too loud for me.

I am using an iem.
  • Sensitivity: 114db
  • Impedance: 16Ω

What you need is an equaliser. At low volumes, the human ear is less sensitive to the lower frequencies therefore we miss the bass. The amp cannot help in this sense really since it is (should) be providing a flat response irrespective of the output voltage - remember that loud or quiet will depend on the sensitivity of your headphones, and you have very sensitive ones. Perhaps your previous amp added some bass boost or other kind of "flavouring"?

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #33,867 of 42,765
best UI is roon on a 27 imac hires screen with mojo to optical to mac. roon remains unmatched for metadata/UI/artwork. each listening session becomes like a voyage of discovery. maybe one day roon on dap?....

Yeah, that's all very well, but it's not a utopian wonder.

Privacy is an issue, for example, and that consideration matters more to some music lovers than others.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #33,868 of 42,765
Did anybody pickup an iPhone 8/+ (iOS 11) and tried using the mojo thru a CCK cable? Thinking of upgrading from my iPhone 7+ to maybe an X later if this current generation's iPhone works fine with the mojo.
I have iOS11 on my iPhone 7 and the Mojo plays fine with the CCK 3. I use the KaiserTone App. I tested the iPhone 6 too - no problems also. I guess iPhone 8 should be fine too.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #33,869 of 42,765
I have to agree, the better Mac displays are simply gorgeous.
I have high hopes (pi hopes?) for my Hifiberry setup, since I'll use Volumio.

I'm obviously new to the Mojo, but I had my first proper listening session last night, mainly DSD stuff via my X5ii sent by DoP. I was amazed at how much sound it got out of my humble Campfire Orions. Can't wait to run my IE800s through them.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #33,870 of 42,765

Here's a handy case I found for my Mojo, just need a couple of left/right angled usb cables and it'll make life easier to listen and charge i hope, the end section should protect the usb cables and i guess ill run a micro female one up under the molle to charge with, will keep you posted, sorry if this has been done before

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back